I woke up to rainy, foggy weather here on Long Island, not an ideal day to run outdoors so I headed to gym. It was not an easy run today but I did it.
- Mile 1: 6.2 mph (9:41/mile)
- Miles 2-5: 6.8 mph (8:49/mile) Tempo
- Mile 6: 6.2 mph (9:41) mile
- Total 6 miles in 56:02, average pace 9:20/mile
A few walking breaks at 3.0 were included and at the end I sprinted at 8.0 for the last 1/4 mile. Today’s run was rough and there were 2 factors that I think contributed to it’s difficulty.
- During my run someone came into the gym and got onto to an elliptical trainer near me reeking of smoke. I am very sensitive to smells, smoke and perfumes imparticular and this just completely threw off my run. I found this very irritating and disrupting to my workout, I know I can not stop people from smoking but I would have had the same reaction if someone had on a heavy dose of perfume or body spray, I think it is just about respect for the people around you. I even debated switching treadmills but in the end I stayed on the treadmill I was on, and smell slowly lessened.
- The second contributing factor was that Instead of water this morning I brought Zico coconut water. This was not my favorite drink, it was thick and I hated the taste so I wasn’t really able to drink during my run. I had to stop and take walking breaks to drink this stuff, where with water I can drink and run. I don’t know if it was the flavor or the texture or just the coconut water in general but I won’t be trying out any new drinks during a run again, especially a tempo run.
What do you think about people wearing strong perfumes or smelling of smoke when they come into the gym and work out? Do you think it is disrespectful to others who may be sensitive to such smells?
Do you like coconut water? Do you like the plain or flavored? Do you like any particular brand?
Now for the Bondi Band winner……….
Comment # 6 won:
Congrats Jess, email me with your info and we will get you your Bondi Band!!!!!
Thanks for all the participants in my giveaway. Even though you may not have won check out the Bondi Band website and pick up a few of your own. Use the following coupon codes for a great deal:
- Buy 3 get 1 free-coupon code: ONE
- Five for $25-coupon code: FIVE
Coupons are good for head bands only. Now head on over to Bondi Band and get your headbands today!!!!