More nerve wracking than race day is the preparation the day before the race. I personally like to have everything together and laid out the night before so that on race morning I do not have to think about anything except for running the race.
First thing this morning I checked the weather for tomorrow:
It is looking to be the perfect day for the race, it should be about 50 when it starts with very little wind….thank you Mother Nature. I couldn’t ask for a better day to PR.
Next I got together what I am going to wear and have with me during the race:
- My outfit: sports bra, tank top, running skirt, CEP compression socks, and my custom Bondi Band,
- My iPod shuffle charged and ready to go!
- My Garmin charged and ready to go!
- My iFitness running belt, the absolute best carrier I have found for running, it holds everything I need (money, phone, GU, iPod and more)
- Lemon Lime GU-my favorite flavor and the best refueling option I have found for me during my runs thus far.
I have decided not to run with my Camelbak (too bulky and I didn’t train enough with it too feel comfortable) or any liquid because there will be water stops. I am going to carry my phone so I can find everyone after the race.
Now that I have everything I need set up and ready to go for tomorrow all I have left to do is get a good night’s rest (if my nerves don’t prevent it) then wake up at 5:30, eat, get dressed and race!!
Wish me luck!! I will update my Facebook page and Twitter with my official time when I get it, followed by a race recap late Sunday or Monday. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!