FYI This was written yesterday during my frustration with blogger being down.
Blogger is down, I am currently blogging offline on ecto not knowing if and when I’ll actually be able to post this onto my blog. This outage has me considering a move to wordpress.org…..very scary. I have been researching how to do this today and there are a lot of steps to take to do this properly, I am definitely going to need a lot of prep time and probably a WordPress for Dummies book.
There are Pros and Cons to moving to a self hosted WordPress blog but I think the Pros outweigh the Cons.
- You own the blog, on blogger Google actually owns your blog and it can be shut down at any time and for no apparent reason from what I have found out during my research.
- More opportunities to monetize your blog
- You can choose fro hundreds of themes or create your own
- Thousands of plug-ins available
- Search engine optimization
- You make the rules
- Fees associated with a self-hosted blog including owning your own domain name and paying a hosting server to host your blog
- Complicated setup and transfer of current blog to WordPress
- WordPress.org is more complicated to to use for newbie bloggers (like myself)
I hope everyone has a great weekend and be sure to check out Monday’s post for a great giveaway!!!