Thanks to Exercise TV I have had the opportunity to try out and review their new workout the 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme with Chris Freytag. Over the past week I have tried out each workout in this series and all I can say is that they are all awesome!! The series consists of 6 (40 min) regular workouts and 2 (10 min) workouts, and 5 (20 min) recovery workouts all of which push your body to the Xtreme. This series is circuit training at it’s best with a phenomenal trainer, Chris Freytag leading you through each one.
The 6 Xtreme Workouts include:
- Total Body: This workout takes you through 4 circuits 2x. Included in each circuit are strength moves plus a cardio move to pump up your heart rate followed by 30 seconds of “active” rest before the start of the next circuit.
- Upper Body: Same as total body but geared toward upper body.
- Lower Body: Same as total body but geared toward lower body.
- Cardio Kickboxing: A kickbutt cardio workout that left me dripping sweat!!
- Core: A workout completely geared toward the core utilizing standing moves along with floor moves for a unique attack on the abs that left me aching for days!
- Yoga: I love yoga and this workout was particularly challenging. I find it challenging to find yoga workouts I actually like and this one will be added to that list.
The 2 Bonus Workouts include:
- 10 minute Abs
- 10 minute Buns
- These 2 workouts are quick and effective. 10 minutes of pure torture which in my book equals a tough and effective workout in a short amount of time.
The 5 Recovery Workouts include:
- Recovery Total Body
- Recovery Lower
- Recovery Upper
- Recovery Core
- Recovery Yoga
I liked these workouts so much I signed up for the 28 day challenge with Exercise TV and The Social Workout starting today!!! Check it out, it’s not too late to join. What do have to lose other than 10 lbs!!?
Here are my beginning stats (keep in my I am also continuing to train for a 1/2 marathon Oct. 2nd in a addition to these workouts):
Ht: 5ft 4 in Wt: 129.4 lbs
Hips: 37 in
Waist: 28 in, 31 in (at belly button), 34 in (1 in below belly button)
Thighs: (R) 21 in, (L) 21 in
Chest: 32 1/2 in
Arms: (R) 9 1/2 in, flexed 10 1/2 in, (L) 9 1/2 in, flexed 10 1/2 in
My stats have increased since my last check-in, normally and increase in stats would be a good thing but not when it comes to your weight and measurements (unless of course you are pregnant). I am ready for this 28 day challenge to kick my butt back in shape. Are you??
Is anyone else planning on trying the 10 lb Slimdown Xtreme?
Disclosure: I received a copy of The 10 pound slim down extreme courtesy of exercisetv. I received no other compensation for my review and all opinions expressed are my own.