These last few weeks have been filled family, friends, parties plus a lot of food and alcohol. I have overindulged more times than I’d like to admit and skimped on the workouts. A few races, virtual runs and the #HBBC has kept me from not completely skipping my workouts through this busy holiday season….the extra motivation definitely helped. In between the parties and holiday gatherings I have managed to fit in some healthy eating too, but I definitely could have been healthier…..hopefully my waistline hasn’t been affected too much. I am actually too scared to step on the scale.
The holiday’s are over and I have to to start some serious training if I want to meet my time goal for the 2012 NYC 1/2 Marathon on March 18th. I have been trying to get into this race for the past few year’s so I was super excited to get this email yesterday:
Training officially starts on January 9th and I am hoping to run this race in 1:45! I am a little nervous putting that goal out there but I also feel confident that if I train appropriately I will succeed!!!
Now that you have heard one of my goals for 2012 here are the rest:
- Lose 10 lbs. in January: I put on 10 lbs. since going back to work full time in August and I am ready to take them off!!! My plans are to pack all my food during the week….no more stops to pick up lunch or snacks!
- Create more vlogs: I plan to try to vlog at least once a week in January and then continuing that trend possibly adding more vlogs as the months go on.
- Time management and organization: In January I plan on working on my time management skills and developing a system to keep myself more organized especially where my blog is concerned.
- I will run a 1/2 Marathon in 1:45.
- I will run the NYC Marathon in 4 hours.
- I will run a 5K in under 25 minutes, hoping to break 23 minutes.
- I will run a 10K in under 50 minutes.
- I will continue to write my blog and post religiously on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, with possibly more.
- I will try to inspire and motivate as many people as possible to live a healthier life.
- I will achieve my six-pack abs!!!!