This has been a rough week and I am glad it is coming to an end. I have had some health issues, mostly stomach related, that has killed most of my workouts this week in favor of having blood tests and sonograms. Good news is that all the tests are negative, bad news is that all the tests are negative and I am still having symptoms. I have started some Nexium and hopefully it will cure my problems otherwise I will be off for a whole battery of testing in a couple of weeks. Keep your fingers crossed my stomach starts agreeing with me. I will keep you posted.
Bad week aside I still have acquired some favorite things this week and here they are:
- The Jelly Bean Virtual Run courtesy of Run with Jess is back!!!! This was my first virtual run and the timing will be perfect for my comeback. The run takes place anytime Easter week (4/1-4/8) and you can choose your event (Run 5K, Run 10K, Run Half-Marathon, Bike 21K) or you can do them all!!!! I plan to run the 5K as I will just be back to running for only about 2 weeks at that time and I certainly do not want to reinjure myself. Last year I ran the 10K (recap here) and even won for “Best Sweat”!!! If you’d like to participate you can sign up here.
- Pürminerals makeup. I am a huge fan of Pürminerals makeup and this week is no different except there is a fantastic giveaway going on across many blogs including mine to win a Spring Kick-Off Kit which includes their new 4-in-1 pressed mineral foundation and tons of new spring arrivals plus one Grand Prize winner will also win an iPad!!! You can enter here.
- My last run was on February 9th which means I am at the halfway point of my rest time and only 3 weeks away from running again!!! My shin is feeling better and I really want to run but since I never went and obtained an official diagnosis I need to err on the side of caution which means no running for 6 weeks because of the assumption that I had a stress fracture. I figure I am better off resting now than jumping back in too early just to reinjure my shin and be out another 6 weeks.
- My blog has been nominated for a Fitterati Award on FitnessMagazine.com!!! Each category will have 2 winners: Readers’ Choice (the popular vote) and Editors’ Pick (hand-selected by a panel of judges). So if you enjoy reading my blog please stop by and vote, all of your support is greatly appreciated.
- Last, but certainly not least on my favorites agenda this week is raising money for a great cause!!! As many of you may know I am a FitFluential Ambassador and I discovered this week that the FitFluential Team will be participating in the Adopt-A-Classroom program. FitFluential has adopted 2 classrooms that are hoping to raise $200 each, we are hoping to raise much more for them!!!! This link is for a classroom in Joplin, MO that is trying to rebuild and replenish after the deadly tornado that destroyed their school last year. This link is for a classroom in Dallas, TX to help provide resources for students that come from low socioeconomic backgrounds and need incentives to reward their efforts. Thanks for any help you can provide!!!!