April Confessions and New Goals #HAWMC
So we are one quarter of the way through the year and my January goals have yet to be accomplished My first goal of the year was to run the NYC 1/2 Marathon in 1:45 but unfortunately due to an injury I couldn’t even run the race at all which was extremely disappointing.
My January goals have become distant memories that are now being revived as quarter year goals. I will complete most of these goals or adjustments to this goals by the end of the year.
Here are the goals I made in January:
- Lose 10 lbs. in January: I put on 10 lbs. since going back to work full time in August and I am ready to take them off!!! My plans are to pack all my food during the week….no more stops to pick up lunch or snacks!
- Create more vlogs: I plan to try to vlog at least once a week in January and then continuing that trend possibly adding more vlogs as the months go on.
- Time management and organization: In January I plan on working on my time management skills and developing a system to keep myself more organized especially where my blog is concerned.
- I will run a 1/2 Marathon in 1:45.
- I will run the NYC Marathon in 4 hours.
- I will run a 5K in under 25 minutes, hoping to break 23 minutes.
- I will run a 10K in under 50 minutes.
- I will continue to write my blog and post religiously on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, with possibly more.
- I will try to inspire and motivate as many people as possible to live a healthier life.
- I will achieve my six-pack abs!!!!
Short term goals:
Ten pounds were not lost in January and still remain in April but by May 9th I am pledging to lose at least 8 of those 10 pounds. Bikini season is upon us and if I don’t lose it now then I can’t show off my six-pack this summer which happens to be one of the long term goals I created.
Vlogging once a week don’t happen, although I have created some vlogs the once a week blog has proved to be difficult for me mostly due to the editing process. I plan to try to vlog at lead once a month if not more from this point on.
Time management and organization with regards to my blog hasn’t really happened yet but I am working on it!! I plan to get an organizer and some sort of file cabinet to keep everything in one place….I will accomplish this goal by mid-summer.
Long term goals:
I am not sure if I will achieve the 1:45 half-marathon this year but it is still in my long term goals it just may take a little longer than I planned.
I am not officially in the NYC Marathon as I originally thought but I still have a chance to get in through the lottery which happens on 4/23/12. If for some reason I do not get in this year I am guaranteed entry for sure next year……either way this is the year of the marathon so if it is not NYC it may be Philly…we will see. As far as running it in 4 hours I had revamped my marathon goal to finishing. Next year we will work on the 4 hours.
I still plan to run a 5K in under 25 minutes.
I still plan to run a 10 K in under 50 minutes.
I have been writing my blog on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays plus more often!!!
I feel I have inspired and motivated others this year!!
Six-pack abs by mid summer!!!
We are all human and we all let things slide. I have let things slide but no more!! By next quarter I will have put a big dent in these goals!!!
How have you done on your January goals??