Do you ever feel like everything is going great and you are perfectly on track and then BAM, you get sick. I feel like this happens to me often and it sucks. Running has been going good, yoga has been going good, life in general has been join good and then I wake up yesterday with chest tightness and a 101 fever 🙁 Now I know this is just a minor setback but it is annoying and because it always seems to happen when I am on a roll it is more annoying.
I feel like sometimes this is my body’s way of telling me to slow down but in all actuality I have my 3 year Abby to thank for this illness. She comes home sick at least once a week from school and every couple of months I get her cold. This time was a little different because although I am asthmatic I really haven’t had an asthma attack in awhile until yesterday. I went right to the doctor and come home with a diagnosis of asthmatic bronchitis, antibiotics and cough syrup. I am definitely upset about the asthma part but what can I do, I have always known that my asthma would come back someday and hopefully this is just from being sick and won’t be a regular occurrence but just in case I will be carrying my inhaler with me from now on.
I am not 100% but I am feeling better today so I am hoping by tomorrow I will be up and running again even if it is a slower shorter run until I am 100%. I started some challenges at the beginning of the month and wanted to give you an update on my progress:
- I joined Under Armour’s What’s Beautiful’s Competition and I am well on my way to reaching my goal of “revealing my abs” . I made my first video and declared my goal but unfortunately I have been having some trouble uploading the video to Under Armour’s website which has rendered me unable to complete any of the other tasks. I have emailed Under Armour and I am waiting to here back from them. Here is the first video I created for the challenge:
- I also started Jackie Warner’s 10 Pounds in 10 Days and made it through 10 days where I did lost about 7 pounds. What I liked about this program was the exercise portion which worked me hard in 30 minutes or less. What I didn’t like about this program was the repetitiveness of the diet plan, basically you eat the same meals for 10 days and after 5 I was pretty bored and craving change but I did lose 6 pounds in those 5 days. I completed the 10 days but decided not to continue on the plan opting to just eat clean and work out on my own plan. If you want to lose weight fast and can stick out the boring eating plan than this is the program for you.
- Next I embarked on Run To The Finish’s 30 Day Yoga challenge and I have completed a yoga workout everyday with the exception of 2 days while I was sick. Hopefully I will del good enough to be able to get some sort of yoga workout today.
- I am participating in the Joggermom Marathon and I am 1.2 miles away from completion!!! Below is how many miles I have run in May:
- I ran the Long Island Marathon 10K in 55:41!!! Not a new PR but better than I expected!
- I also ran Life as a Running Mom’s Sweat Pink With Me Virtual 5K in 30:19!!