I am a day late on posting my May Foodie Pen Pals reveal but I have a good reason! This week I am on call for my home care agency and I had to go out after work last night to do an extra case. I didn’t get him until after 6 at which point Abby and Chris wanted to go bike riding so we headed out and stopped for dinner. We were home by 7:45ish and it was time for Abby to go to bed. While laying down with her I also fell asleep only to wake up at 9 pm with the realization I hadn’t run for the #RWRunStreak 😯
I put on my running clothes, laced up my sneakers and headed out for a one mile run that I really didn’t feel like doing but I didn’t want to break the streak. This is a perfect reason why exercise is best to be done first thing in the morning.
After the run I showered and went back to sleep because I was so exhausted. I couldn’t have written a word clearly so I put off my reveal until today.
This month my Foodie PenPal box was sent from Monica of Veggie Homes.
Included in my box:
- Cocoa Snaps: All natural crisp rice cereal made with real cocoa. A healthy version of cocoa pebbles that my 3 year old Abby has stolen and been eating since I got the package!
- Coconut Milk: Monica included a recipe for whipped cream.
- Truffle-Mushroom oil: A unique oil that I cannot wait to try on my salads.
- Sunflower seeds: Monica sent these for sprouting which I have not tried to do yet but I love sunflower seeds and sprouting sound interesting.
- Stretch Island Fruit Company Fruit strips: Delicious fruit strips that both Abby and I loved!!!