All my posts are running a few days late because I have been incapacitated with migraines for the last 2 weeks especially during the hot and humid weather…….I think it is time to see a neurologist. So this post is to wrap up my May goals and move on to why I want to accomplish in June.
May Goals Recap:
- Under Armour’s What’s Beautiful Competition: I declared my goal and posted my first video on YouTube but I have had issues loading my video up to their site. I did contact their customer support and they gave me useful information but after spending over an hour just trying to upload the video I have basically given up on entering the competition. It is not because I don’t think I could do it, it is because I just do not have the time to try and troubleshoot why I cannot upload the video in the first place. In order to continue you on in the challenge you have to complete this step. My goal for the Under Armour competition was to reveal my abs and it is still a goal that I have unfortunately due to technical difficulties I will not be participation in their challenge.
- Jackie Warner’s 10 Pounds in 10 Days Program: I did this program for the 1st 10 days and lost 7 pounds. I decided not to continue on the program because the eating plan was exactly the same for each 10 day block and for me it was just too boring, by the end of the first 10 days I was craving something different. I will say if you want to lose weight quick this is a great program with a great exercise plan!!! My priority with exercise has been and probably always will be running so incorporating cross-training always proves to be difficult but I am working on it.
- Run To The Finish’s 30 day Yoga Challenge: With the exception of 4 days I did yoga everyday this month!!! I found this challenge to be one of the best things I could do for my body. Yoga is the perfect accompaniment to running and my flexibility has greatly improved over this past month. I was even able to do Wheel for the first time…Yay!!! This is something I plan to try to continue with on a daily basis or at least 5-6 times a week.
- Joggermom Marathon : 26.2 miles in 31 days….done!!!
- Long Island Marathon 10K: I ran it in 55:41 officially!!!!
- Sweat Pink Ambassador Erica from Life as Running Mom is hosting a Sweat Pink with Me virtual run. I ran the 5K in 30:19!
- Run To The Finish’s 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge: 30 days of green smoothies!!! I think this is a great challenge to help me get my diet back on track and add some real nutrition into my day. Green smoothies always make me feel energized!!!!
- Runner’s World Run Streak: I am participating in the Runner’s World Run Streak which started on Memorial Day and goes until the Fourth of July! 38 days of running at least one mile per day and so far I am doing great!!! I am hoping to build my mileage and to start marathon training right after the streak finishes!!
- Fitbook: I am starting a new Fitbook tomorrow to track all of my goals. I have yet to keep a perfect record in my Fitbook so for the next 12 weeks I plan to write everything down…..the good, the bad and even the ugly for an honest record in black and white.
- NYRR Mini 10K: This is the 40th anniversary of the world’s first all-women road race and I am running it on June 9th at 8 am. I am hoping to finish in under 60 minutes.
- Welcome to Summer Virtual Run: Sign up for my virtual run and complete a 5K or 10K or both to win some awesome prizes!!! I plan to run both the 5K and 10K.
- Just A Mom Giving It A Tri virtual book club: I joined this book club with hopes of adding more reading into my busy schedule. This month’s book is Kara Goucher’s Running For Women. I have actually had this book for quite awhile but have never gotten around to reading it so this was the perfect chance. I will let you know how it is when I am done.
What are your goals for June?