I started my day with 30 minutes on the spin bike knowing that it was supposed to rain all day and I would most likely not get outside to run. I also worked out to the Boom-Boom Bikini workout that was on Bex Life today which was awesome!!! I started cleaning the house and at about 11 am I needed to run but it was raining and it was raining fairly hard but no thunder or lightening. I debated for about 2 minutes and decided to just do it, I mean I couldn’t melt or anything.
What did I learn during this run?
- I actually enjoyed running in the rain, I didn’t melt or fall and it felt good. Now the temperature was in the 70′s and humid, had it been in the 30′s and bitter I know I wouldn’t have enjoyed it quite a much.
- Next time I need something to wipe the excess water off my face. I usually would use my sleeve but today I headed out in a tank top which left me without something to mop up all the water.
- The earphones that come with Apple products are no good for running, especially running in the rain. By mile 2 these earphones were literally falling out of my ears and just would not stay so I just put them in my pocket and finished the run sans music.
- I do not like wet feet. I am not sure that this is avoidable but I did not like the feeling of having wet shoes and socks. Waterproof sneakers anyone?
- Last but not least I will now choose running in the rain over the treadmill unless it is thundering and lightening or under 50 degrees.