I love Friday’s because it means the weekend is here and I can relax but I do wish the weekends were longer!!! I will be sharing some of my favorite things this week!!!
- Bikini Independence Day from Bex Life Bex put together this awesome video featuring some of my fellow FitFluential Ambassadors to show that fitness comes in every shape, size and age!!!!! This is what FitFluential looks like!!!!
- Help my Fight via Miss Zippy Amanda is racing a triathlon as part of Team Fight which benefits the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults and she trying to raise money for this awesome cause so stop by her site and check out why this is so personal to her!!!
- “It’s My Birthday and I’ll run if I want to” Virtual race hosted by Livin the Fit Life You can sign up for a 5K or 10K or both and be entered to win some awesome prizes!!!
We Are Athletes Racing Team: I joined this team last week and I am addicted!! It is so nice to be running with a group of people who love running just as much you do!!! I am also excited to be participating in their first official marathon training program!!! If you live on Long Island and run you should definitely check them (or should I say us) out.
I have a spot in the 2012 NYC Marathon but if you don’t and still want to run you can do that by joining Team Reeve. The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation (www.christopherreeve.org), which is dedicated to curing spinal cord injury and improving the quality of life for people living with paralysis – has more than 20 spots available to join Team Reeve on November 4!
Team Reeve members receive several perks to help them train for the marathon as well as raise funds for this noteworthy cause, including:
- Free group marathon training by the exclusive health facility La Palestra(http://www.lapalestra.com/) in New York City (virtual training is provided if you can’t be in NYC). This includes a comprehensive cardio and strength training program, nutrition seminars, group training distance runs in Central Park and access to the facility.
- Race day support by La Palestra including medical practitioners, water stations, gear drop, charter bus transportation from Central Park to the start of the race in Staten Island, and access to showers and a cool down party after the race at the facility, which is located just a block away from the finish line.
- Fundraising coaching by the Foundation to help each participant meet his/her fundraising goal of $4K.
Applications, available online at http://tinyurl.com/82auwxs, will be vetted by the Foundation, with winners being notified within approximately one week of submission.
If you want to run NYC this sounds like great team to join!!
Zipfizz sent me 5 tubes of their product about a month ago and challenged me to drink these 5 tubes in 5 days to help me stay hydrated and energized!! This week I took their challenge and drank one the each day. I absolutely loved zipfizz because it not only provided me with the energy to get through my first week of marathon training but it also tasted great!!!! My favorite flavor was the grape flavor!!!
Zipfizz comes in a nice tiny package that makes it easy to carry and to pour into any type of water bottle!! Zipfizz transforms a regular bottle of water into a fast, energizing sports drink in seconds!! I really dislike when these types of drinks don’t mix well and have a grainy texture but with zipfizz I didn’t have this problem at all!!!
Zipfizz wants you to take their 5 day challenge too, so they are giving away 5 tubes to one lucky reader of Running, Loving, Living!! Just enter below using the Rafflecopter form.
Disclosure: Zipfizz provided me with a 5 day supply at no charge and they are providing the prize for the giveaway. All opinions expressed in this blog are 100% my own.
Those are my favorite things this week!!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and for those of you experiencing this terrible heat wave stay cool!!!!
What are your favorite things this week?