This week I struggled with marathon training mostly due to my shins, they just hurt 🙁 I stretched, iced, compressed, drank Cheribundi, and popped ibuprofen with the hopes they would go away but by Saturday I was fearing that I would not be able to even run my long run. Thankfully when I woke up on Sunday the shin splints had miraculously disappeared and have not returned even after my 12 mile long run…..”knock on wood”.
This week I ran with my new Nike plus Sportwatch with GPS that Nike sent me along with their awesome Flyknit trainers!!! I am loving the Flyknit Trainers!! They are light and comfortable, perfect for racing!! I actually ran my fastest mile in them!!!! I had a little trouble with the GPS watch on Tuesday probably because I didn’t have it set up right but after every mile it kept lapping at .01 seconds so I had to end my workout with each mile. If you are friends with me on Daily Mile it looks like I ran like 8 times on Tuesday but I did not it was just the watch which I had fixed by the time my Thursday run rolled around. The only complaint I have is that during my long run the watch actually lost satellite reception in a couple of areas that I have never lost satellite before and I wasn’t wearing the Nike shoe sensor so there were times the watch said I was running 13 minute miles when I knew I was running faster. I am still learning how this watch works but overall I like it!!
I only ended up completing Workout A and Workout B of the Best Body Bootcamp because I had planned to do workout C on Sunday but after my long run and cooking eggplant for a few hours my neck was killing me. I actually woke Saturday morning with neck pain and had went to the chiropractor which helped but not enough for me to do workout C on Sunday. My body is just falling apart……
- Monday: 2 mile run in 20 minutes
- Tuesday: Speedwork-0.25 mile warmup then drills then 800 x 1, 400 x 3, 800 x 1, 300 x 3 plus a recovery lap in between each lap followed by core work and finished with pick me ups (sprinting 50 yards x 8). 5 miles total
- Wednesday: Best Body Bootcamp Workout A
- Thursday: 4 mile run with Sarah from Running to keep up with a Toddler (49:25, 12:21 pace)
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: Best Body Bootcamp Workout B
- Sunday: 12 Mile Long Run (2:08, 10:41 pace)