I am a day late on my Foodie Penpals reveal but I have just been so busy with work that I did not get a chance to write up this post for yesterday. I love Foodie Penpals and if you haven’t tried it out yet you definitely should!!!!!
This month my Foodie Penpal Rachel sent my package so early that I nearly forgot I participated!! I love opening my package every month to new foods that I get to taste and this month’s package was awesome!!!
- Roasted Edamame-I love Edamame!!! This is a great snack and is also great ins salads!!!!
- TastyKake Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes-I almost wish I had never tasted these because they are really addictive!
- Celestial Seasonings Fruit Tea Sampler-I love tea and this sampler has an awesome selection!
- Almonds (Roasted and Salted)-I love alomonds! Rachel actually suggested putting the almonds in a food processor for 40 minutes and then adding honey and cinnamon but I have yet to try it even though it sounds delicious!
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew Kind Bar-I love Kind bars and this one rocks!!
- Nature’s Promise organic raspberry fruit spread-A delicious addition to peanut butter and jelly!
- Island Fruit Company all natural fruit strips-A healthy alternative to fruit roll-ups!
I loved everything in my box this month and cannot wait to see what I get next month!!! If you want are wondering exactly what Foodie Penpals is or how to join, you can check out the details below:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by September 4th as pairings will be emailed on September 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send me an email and I’ll see if we get enough interest this month!
Have you participated in Foodie Penpals?