I am so happy that the weekend it here!!!! This weekend my baby girl Abby turns 4!!!!!! I cannot believe 4 years has passed already, time really does fly, savor every moment. Saturday is her birthday party with all her friends at Laser Bounce and Sunday is her actual birthday when we will have cake with the family. My friend Breanne from Bre’s Sweet Treats is making princess cupcakes especially for the occasion!!! It should be a fun weekend!
A couple of weeks ago I got my brand new iPhone 5:
I am loving this phone!!! I am absolutely obsessed with all the apps! I added some of my favorite apps that I have on my iPad, but I also wanted ones that were geared specifically for the iPhone. I asked my fellow FitFluential Ambassadors to share with me their favorite iPhone apps and here are their recommendations:
- Carlyn from Just Keep Sweating recommends: Instagram, Diptic, Newsify(for google reader subscriptions), Plants Vs Zombies(for fun), Fitradio, Pandora, Nike running+ (when you’re better), Echofon(bc twitter sucks), and Nike training club.
I personally love instagram!!! My instagram is Runninglovingliving!!! Plants vs Zombies is one of my favorite games and I am loving having it on my iPhone! I also have Pandora, Fitradio, and Nike Training Club-all great apps!
- Heather from Just A Colorado Gal recommends: IMO (to gchat on the go!), Phonto for adding words to photos for instagram, electric miles (if you use dailymile and want to log via mobile)
I love having an app for dailymile because it allows me to post as soon as my workout is done so I don’t forget. Phonto is an awesome way to add words to instagram photos.
- Erin from Running Tall recommends: Camera+ (for photo editing), instapicframe (collages), bit timer (tabata/interval timer), songza (pandora for canadians b/c we can’t access pandora).
- Alexandra from Fun and Fit recommends: LabelBox
- Kasey from Powercakes loves Instagram (who doesn’t?!?)
- Sarah from Run, Write, Conquer recommends: Fitness/Health Apps: Tabata Timer by Garaio Technology Labs, Runkeeper, Runner’s World Smart Coach, Lose It! Misc. Apps: Feeddler, Goodreads, Kindle, Pandora, Where?, Yelp, INRIX Traffic, Traffic.com, Shazam, Shop Style, and iPeriod (lol, but so useful!)… and Zombie Farm (don’t laugh until you try it!)
I love Lose It! but am so bad about keeping up with it. Kindle is another one of my favorites because I love having my books available where ever I go! Yelp is my go to for finding places to eat, friend me on Yelp and you can check out my reviews.
- Elizabeth from On Tap For Today recommends: Lose It! for food/fitness tracking, Bit Timer for tabata/timing, Pandora for jams, Big Day for countdowns, and Over for adding text to photos
- Coco from Running with Perserverence recommends: Waterlogged app for tracking water, kindle app for reading books (yes, books!), Comcast apps if you have Comcast to get home voice mail on your phone
- Amber from Exsoycise recommends: Instafonts for beautiful and easy to use picture fonts! It also lets you upload directly to Instagram. I found this app after I got my iPhone 5 and I’m love!
- Pulse news reader so I can keep up with my favorite health and fitness blogs and news channels.
- MyFitnessPal to log my foods daily and keep track of the calories I consume.
- WordPress so I can blog on the go and respond to comments.
- Starbucks so I can feed my coffee addiction and earn points for each cup of Joe I purchase!
- Zinio to download and read my Oxygen magazine while on the go.
I love Zinio, great for reading magazines on the go!!!! I am not a Starbucks fan, but I have the equivalent app for Dinkin Donuts!
- Jennifer from Running with the Girls recommends: Scanner (because I love comparison shopping), turboscan (so nice to scan in a document and email it to myself), Blogger (because I’m a blogger girl), ParkFinder (to find great places to run/hike/etc), Starbucks (to store my GC on it and keep track of my points, Saucony Run4Good, Electric Miles (because I’m a Daily Mile girl), & picture ones – Camera+, InstaFrame, Instacollage, Vintique, Instagram, & Target (because I can get instant coupons and store them on my phone. Maybe I have a problem.
If Jennifer has a problem I think I might have a slight addiction…….lol!
- Debbie from Live from LaQuinta recommends: If you’re going to do vlogs, and must use your iphone like many of us do, try imovie, video editor free, and reel director.
Now onto my favorites that weren’t mentioned above:
- kik messenger-a free text messinging service
- Hootsuite-to manage my social media
- Foursquare-for checking in to my favorite places!
- Klout-so I can easily give Klout to my friends
- Skitch-to design workouts for my blog
- CamCard-to “scan” business cards so I don’t have to carry a billion around with me
- The CW-so I can wtch my favorite shows
- Daily Feats-for checking in all my feats to earn prizes
- Anylist-so I always have my grocery list handy
- Medscape-so I can look up drugs that I don’t know when I am with my patients (nursing app)
- Games-Scrabble, Words with Friends, Scramble with Friends, Hanging with Friends, Bejeweled and Bubble Witch Saga
My husband Chris recommends:
- Google Earth
- Scanner Radio
- Yahoo Fantasy Baseball
I think that we have covered just about every app out there, but if you have one that you love that is not on here please let me know in the comments!!!!
I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!!