I have never made it a secret that the treadmill is not my favorite piece of workout equipment. It has it’s uses, but I prefer the outdoors. For the most part, I dread the treadmill.
Then, I was introduced to the Official Boston Marathon® Treadmill, from what I have read about this is the ultimate treadmill. I want this treadmill. I think this treadmill could take the “dread” out of running indoors, especially when the weather sucks for outdoor running.
The is treadmill has some awesome features including:
- Wide open running platform: This means that this treadmill does not have a motor hood or arms, which are found on traditional treadmills. This allows runners to focus on their form without those pieces getting in the way.
- SpeedRing: You can adjust your speed easily with this ring that you where on your finger!!!!
- Wireless Chest Strap: Attach the Adidas® ANT+ Wireless Chest Strap and receive constant heart rate reports displayed on your treadmill’s touch screen!
- Top Speed of 15 mph: Not that I could ever run that fast, but it is a nice option for sprints.
- 20% incline and 6% decline: This makes running on this treadmill more realistic by mimicking actual outdoor running.
- Runners Flex™ Impact Control: By turning on this feature you increase the cushion and decrease the impact on your joints, I like this!!! You can also leave it off for a more road-like simulation.
- Browser Powered by Android: The iFit® enabled technology takes you around the world when you draw a route on the console’s Android™-powered browser. Tapping into Google Maps™, this exclusive ProForm® treadmill automatically simulates every hill and dip uses Google Maps™ Street View on the 10-inch full-color touch screen display. When you connect to your home’s wireless network, you can access email, watch sports highlights, get on Facebook®, and more.
- Plus many more features that you can check out on their website.
I want this treadmill! The price is a little steep at $3,990.00, but from what i have read I definitely think it is worth it. This post actually gains me entry into a raffle that is giving away three of these treadmills. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I win, because if I don’t, I am going to have to figure out how to convince my husband to buy one.
Today is the first day of Fall which means mostly great outdoor running weather, but as Winter approaches that will surely change and not for the better. The days will get shorter and colder, plus there is always the possibility of a snow filled winter which makes running outdoors dangerous, at least in my opinion. I am a baby and I hate the cold, it actually gives me hives. During my training for the LI Half-Marathon a few years ago, we had a snowy winter that made me resort to running up to 11 miles on the treadmill. I hated it, but I did it, because I hate the cold and icy roads more.
This treadmill would change my perspective and most definitely my training. While I will always prefer running outdoors, this treadmill can make running indoors as pleasant as possible. The biggest dilemma I have is where to put it, but if I win I will figure it out!!!!!
This is my dream treadmill!! What is yours????