This week has been less than stellar in my blogging and workout life. I am hormonal, tired, achy and have battled a migraine or two. I just can’t seem to meet all the goals I set out to achieve this week. One part of my workout life that is soaring is my running. My weekly mileage is still low, but I am running pain free for the most part. I have been utilizing my iFit app to record all my runs and I really like it!! I am especially excited to start using the CadenceMeter so I can learn to run more efficiently.
I am utilizing the app and the dashboard only at this time, because I do not have any iFit ready equipment (ex. Treadmill, elliptical, bike). All runs tracked on the app can be repeated on an iFit ready treadmill. This means that if you have a run that you love, but it is raining, you can actually repeat it on your treadmill. iFit utilizes Google Street View to play your actual run on the display, plus the treadmill will automatically move the incline/decline to mimic the actual terrain.
If you have an iFit ready device you can draw a map anywhere in the world using goole maps and then run it on your treadmill. If you are going to run a race, you can actually run the route prior to the race!!! I love this benefit of iFit!!! I NEED an iFit treadmill!!!!! I will have plenty of runs to upload when I get one!
I really like the iFit Dashboard too!! You can log workouts, find friends, check your stats and create a schedule of workouts.
It also features some great motivational quotes at the bottom of each page, like this one:
The iFit Dashboard also features recipes form their blog, programs for your iFit device and articles.
All of the above are the aspects of iFit that I have personally utilized, except the programs because I do not have an iFit enabled device….yet. Listed below are some of the other awesome features that iFit offers:
- Google Maps: You can draw a map anywhere in the world with iFit and the Google Street View will play on your display so you can actually see where you are running. The machine will automatically move the incline/decline to mimic the outdoor terrain making it feel like you are actually there. This feature is awesome for racing because you can run the exact race course on your treadmill prior to the race, great way to ensure you score a PR.
- HD Video: iFit has some routes that are in HD video, perfect for viewing the beautiful scenery.
- Tracking: iFit tracks all of your runs. You can access the runs online or on right on your iFit enabled treadmill. You can also manually log any workout you do outside of iFit so that all your information is in one location. You can even log your weight and nutrition.
- Goals: You can set goals and iFit tell you where you are at reaching them.
- Outdoor App: If you run with iFit Running App you can track your outdoor routes and during bad weather, you can run these routs right on your iFit enabled treadmill!
- Competitions: Coming soon you will be able to compete with other runners!! This can be a great motivator.