Going with the flow should be the theme of my training plan. I have managed to get in all my runs, but some on different days and some adjusted to how I feel that particular day. My mileage is pretty low, but I am confident that I will succeed at completing the NYC Half without injury. I may not be fast, but that is okay with me. This plan is basically the building block for the rest of the year and I plan to take is slow, adjusting accordingly to how my body feels.
- Monday: Long run outside, 6 miles. Foam rolling and the stick.
- Tuesday: Yoga, 20 minutes. Runtastic abs.
- Wednesday: Run at the gym, 2.25 miles. Was supposed to be a 3.5 mile interval run, but I just felt blah. I ended up doing intervals interspersed with walking slow at a 15% incline. Kettlebell, 15 minutes.
- Thursday: Yoga, 20 minutes. Runtastic abs. Kettlebell, 15 minutes.
- Friday: Tempo run, 4 miles. Yoga, 1 hour 15 minutes. I took an awesome yoga class at Gold’s Gym, the teacher, Lynn, had us working on core. I was even able to do side crow (on the right), for the first time!!!
- Saturday: Rest
- Sunday: Rest. Long Run postponed until Monday.
- Total Miles: 12.25 miles
Overall, a good week. I am keeping myself motivated by posting my #FFCheckin on instagram. Checking out all the other posts keeps me motivated to keep on going! Learn all about #FFCheckin on the FitFluential blog.
How was your week??