Wow! The week has flown by and June is basically over, where does the time go?!?! July 14th starts marathon training and I will post my training plan sometime next week. I am still loving Crossfit and actually just signed up for July!! Everyone at Crossfit Invasion is just so awesome, especially Adam and Sean, that I just had too!!! I also love Mark and Jordan, who are both trainers there as well!!!
July is looking pretty busy, between school, crossfit, and marathon training, plus a little Summer fun mixed in, I won’t have much free time at all! My focus for July is really getting my nutrition perfected. I tend to eat whatever I want, whenever I want, without regard to nutritional or caloric value. I am looking to fuel my marathon training as best I can and hopefully drop about 15 pounds before the marathon, right now the scale is stuck at 139 pounds. Any tips or suggestions regarding nutrition are welcome.
Now on to my training this week:
- Monday 6/23/14: Workout: CrossFit; Steps: 8981; Activity Goal: 98%. This workout as crazy hard. I used a 10 lb. medicine ball for the first round of wall balls, but had to drop to an 8 lb. medicine ball for the rest. I used a 26 lb. kettlebell for the swings. I broke each exercise down into doable circuits for me. With the wall balls I did 8 reps at a time for 3 sets and with the kettlebell swings I did 12 reps for 2 sets and then I ran. While I was slower with the weights, I made up time with the running! I actually managed to finish this workout first!!! It was AWESOME!!! I will tell you that during the cool down I basically started sweating profusely, like I left a puddle. I have heard this could be because of dehydration, but I will have to look into it further and will let you know.
- Tuesday 6/24/14: Workout: none; Steps: 8769; Activity Goal: 72%
- Wednesday 6/25/14: Workout: none; Steps: 9870; Activity Goal: 83%
- Thursday 6/26/14: Workout: CrossFit; Steps: 9674; Activity Goal: 94%. I bench pressed 65 lbs. twice. Yay for me since my 1 rep max was 60 lbs.! The rowing was tough, but I think 10:30.5 was a reasonable amount of time to finish 2000 meters tabata style!
- Friday 6/27/14: Workout: none; Steps: 8452; Activity Goal:67%
- Saturday 6/28/14: Workout: CrossFit; Steps: 7114; Activity Goal: 66%; What?!?! 225 pull-ups, 300 push-ups, 375 sit-ups and 450 squats. This was team workout and the reps were split up between three of us, thankfully. I will say that it was not a good idea to do this workout prior to a 5K.
- Sunday 6/29/14: Workout: Firecracker 5K; Steps: 15265; Activity Goal: 177%; The 5K was awesome! It was nice to meet up with my CrossFit Invasion family for this race and although I couldn’t do the life, I am pretty sure because of CrossFit I will be able to do it next year! My friend Ann Marie pressed 90 lbs. nine times and I think she is pretty awesome!!!! It was nice to also meet some readers of Running, Loving, Living too! A big shout out to Colleen and Kathy (sorry if I misspelled your names), I am just sorry we didn’t get a pic. Be prepare for pictures at the Women’s Run in a few weeks! I ran this in 28 minutes and change, full recap to come later this week.
This was a great week! I returned to my regular working schedule 2:30pm –12:30pm, which works great for school and Crossfit. I love being a part of a group and while I miss my We Are Athletes Team, I am loving my new CrossFit family at CrossFit Invasion!
Did you race this weekend? How did you do???