As I try to get back on a scheduled blogging regimen, I am restarting my Weekly Workout Wrap Up. I have been doing crossfit for a few weeks and marathon training starts up July 14, so instead of randomly posting about my training, I figure I will give you a weekly recap or wrap up as I call it. I am doing all my planning in my Erin Condren Life planner (referral link), which I am totally in love with, so my weeks will run from Monday through Sunday. In addition to my training, I will be including my daily steps and what percent of my activity goal I met as per my Polar Loop!
This week was a little rough for my workouts because my schedule changed from nights to days so that I could train in the hospital to be on call for my current job. My normal hours are 2:30 pm-12:30 am and this past week I was working 7:00 am-5:00pm. By the time I got home from work, got dinner ready and did my schoolwork, I was completely exhausted and did not have an ounce of energy for working out.
- Monday 6/16/14: Workout: none; Steps: 7881; Activity Goal: 68%. Although I am literally on my feet all day at the hospital, the room I work in is so small I do not acquire many steps.
- Tuesday 6/17/14: Workout: none; Steps: 8695; Activity Goal: 79%
- Wednesday 6/18/14: Workout: none; Steps: 9872; Activity Goal: 77%
- Thursday 6/19/14: Workout: Crossfit; Steps: 10031; Activity Goal: 96%. The crossfit workout was killer, but I loved it and am going to add it into my library or workouts I must repeat!
- Friday 6/20/14: Workout: none; Steps: 10182; Activity Goal: 74%
- Saturday 6/21/14: Workout: Crossfit; Steps: 13490; Activity Goal: 126%. I will honestly tell you that I was not going to go to crossfit on Saturday when I saw what the workout was going to be Friday night. My legs were shot from Thursday’s WOD and I honestly did not think I could even do most of the moves in this workout. I used a 20” box for the box jumps, 18 lbs for the kettlebell swings, I did v-ups instead of knees to elbows, I did half the push presses with 35lbs and the other half with a lighter weight (not sure the lbs), and I did 250 regular jumps with the jump rope because I cannot do double-unders yet. All I can say was OMG, I practically started crying during the burpees, but I mustered through with the help of my friend Ann-Marie and Adam, the trainer!!! Even though I originally didn’t want to do this workout, I have to admit it is now one of my favorites!
- Sunday 6/22/14: Workout: none; Steps: 7445; Activity Goal: 60%
Overall, not a terrible week, but I know I could do better!!! Thursday I go back to my regular schedule, so it will be much easier to get to my crossfit classes!!!
How was your week??