The first week of marathon training is complete!!! My training starts with week 16 and counts down to week 1, which I love, because I thinking counting down makes everything more exciting! The week had some highs and lows, but overall it was awesome! I actually was away Wednesday through Saturday, which made training hard, but I an proud to say I stuck to the program.
Here are my workouts:
- Monday 7/14/14: Workout: At home CrossFit, 200 squats for time: 7:29; Steps: 8354; Activity Goal: 71%
- Tuesday 7/15/14: Workout: Track repeats, approx: 5 miles; Steps: 18919; Activity Goal: 238%
- Track Workout: 3×1600 (400 RI (rest in between)); Warm-up: 0.75 miles; 1600 #1: 7:47; 1600 #2: 8:19; 1600 #3: 8:16; Cool-down: 0.75 miles. Total mileage: 5.25 miles. My goal pace for the repeats was 8:41. As you can see I exceeded that goal. I am not sure if this is good or bad, but I felt pretty good during the 1600’s.
- Wednesday 7/16/14: Workout: none; Steps: 10122; Activity Goal: 78%
- Thursday 7/17/14: Workout: 6 mile Tempo Run; Steps: 20800; Activity Goal: 265%
- Tempo Run: Planned: 2 miles easy, 2 miles at ST (9:14), 2 miles easy; Actual: mile 1: 10:04; mile 2: 10:08; mile 3: 9:05; Mile 4: 10:45; mile 5: 11:17; mile 6: 11:17. Total: 6 miles, 1:02:44, 10:27 average ppm. I never actually got into the 2 mile tempo, mile 3 was great, but by mile 4 I was failing. This run was on the second day of my vacation at 12pm, in the hot sun, after a late night. Lesson learned.
- Friday 7/18/14: Workout: none; Steps: 12445; Activity Goal: 111%
- Saturday 7/19/14: Workout: Walk; Steps: 10990; Activity Goal: 76%
- Sunday 7/20/14: Workout: 8 mile Training Run; Steps: 20561; Activity Goal: 294%
- Long Run: Planned: 8 miles at MP +30 (10:50/mile); Actual: 8 miles at 9:51/mile. About a minute faster than my planned pace.
A successful week and I feel awesome! My paces are all over the place and I am not sure if that is good or bad, so I am going to take some advice from Katy Widrick and myself, because this is what I always tell my patients when I don’t know something: I don’t know, but I will find out and I will let you know when I do!
How was your week? Are training for any upcoming races?