This post is a little late, but better late than never, right?!
Another week down and a pretty successful one as far as I am concerned. Tuesday’s track workout was rough. I did 200×15 with a 1:20 time allotment for each 200. Since I did the 200’s in between 54-58 seconds, I was left with only about 20-25 seconds of rest in between each 200. This was an amazing anaerobic workout that my coach, Fred from We Are Athletes Racing Team, gave me. The only issue I had during this workout was some of the other people working out on the track that didn’t follow the rules of the track, thus getting in the way of my workout.
On Wednesday I hit my crossfit and the WOD (workout of the day) was a 20 minute AMRAP (As many reps as possible) of 5 handstand pushups ( I did pushups on my knees), 10 pull-ups (I used a black band) and 20 med ball cleans (14 pounds). I managed to get out exactly 3 rounds!!! Those med ball cleans are no joke!
I was so sore from Tuesdays track workout and Wednesdays crossfit workout, a tempo run was out of the question so I ended up just doing an easy run on Friday.
Here is my weekly breakdown:
- Monday 8/11/14: Workout: Spinning 45 minutes; Steps: 6860; Activity Goal: 55%
- Tuesday 8/12/14: Workout: Track workout, 200 x 15 + 0.75mile warm-up and 0.75 mile cool down; Steps: 14157; Activity Goal: 164%
- Wednesday 8/13/14: Workout: Crossfit ; Steps: 9526; Activity Goal: 82%
- Thursday 8/14/14: Workout: none; Steps: 6022; Activity Goal: 50%
- Friday 8/15/14: Workout: 3 mile run; Steps: 10133; Activity Goal: 133%
- Saturday 8/16/14: Workout: 1.5 mile walk; Steps: 11730; Activity Goal: 96%
- Sunday 8/17/14: Workout: 12 mile run; Steps: 28801; Activity Goal: 442%
- Total Miles: 20 miles
Overall I am happy with my workouts, especially my 12 mile run! I finally felt good after a string of crappy runs!
How have your workouts been?