This week was rough to say the least. I managed to get in one good workout with the We Are Athletes Racing Team in Farmingdale Tuesday night and then it all went to s*%t. I missed my tempo run on Thursday due to soreness and I did only one crossfit workout because my shoulder was bothering me, yes I am falling apart. Sunday I attempted my long run and about 1.5 miles in I developed a cramp in my right side that was excruciating. It was not a normal side stitch and I ended up walking 1.5 miles home and doing nothing for the rest of the day. This week gets chalked up as an utter fail, but I plan to just move on and do better this week.
I also started a nutrition challenge with my crossfit on Monday and so far I am doing great. Last week’s goals were to cut out all added sugar, cut out white flour and to have a complete protein with every meal. I did great! I actually ate Muscle Up Paleo meals for lunch and dinner so that I would be prepared and not left reaching for junk. With the exception of Saturday night, where I had 2 glasses of wine, I was completely successful! If you want to check out my diet you can friend my on My Fitness Pal (tonee78).
Here are last week’s workouts:
- Monday 8/4/14: Workout: yoga; Steps:10084; Activity Goal: 82%
- Tuesday 8/5/14: Workout: We Are Athletes Racing Team workout-drills, hurdles; 100’s relay, 2x 300 (app: 5 miles); Steps: 11597; Activity Goal: 147%
- Wednesday 8/6/14: Workout: Crossfit; Steps: 10087; Activity Goal: 97%
- Thursday 8/7/14: Workout: none; Steps: 7661 Activity Goal: 64%
- Friday 8/8/14: Workout: spinning 45 minutes; Steps: 9410; Activity Goal: 70%
- Saturday 8/9/14: Workout: none; Steps: 6484; Activity Goal: 49%
- Sunday 8/10/14: Workout: Run 1.5 miles, walk 1.5 miles (had to stop due to severe pain in my side); Steps: 10246; Activity Goal: 108%
- Total Miles: 8 miles
A rough week with very low mileage, but I plan to learn and move on. This week will be better and in the end, I know I will get to the marathon no matter what!
How do you deal with a lousy week of training?