This year will go down in the history books as my best year of running yet!!!! I will be linking up with Miss Zippy’s year of running post, so be sure to head on over to her site and check out all the great posts!
- Best race experience: Ummmm, the New York City Marathon!!! This marathon was a culmination of all my years running and it was a long time coming. I had been trying to run NYC since I started running 19 years ago and actually got in the year of Sandy, but I pulled out prior to the cancellation due to a stress fracture. I deferred until 2014 because in the beginning of 2013 when I had to make the decision to run, I had pneumonia, so I chose 2014 to be my year. Despite the terrible winds that day, I persevered and completed my first marathon in 4:49:14!
- Best run: The Timex One Relay. This was a unique opportunity to participate in a relay that started in Chicago and ended in NYC. For every mile a runner ran Timex donated $100 to the charity of their choice, I chose the ASPCA. In addition, we got to try out their new Timex IRONMAN ONE GPS+ watch, which I am still trying to convince someone to buy for me! The best part of the run was that I got to run with an IRONMAN, Tim from Team Timex! It was an amazing experience.
- Best new piece of gear: My Eddie Bauer Incendiary 1/4-Zip Pullover Shirt that I got at the Fitness Magazine Meet & Tweet. This is the most comfortable, warm and stylish long sleeved running top I have ever worn!
- Best piece of running advice you received: During the Timex One Relay I had the opportunity to run with Gene from Charity Miles for a mile or so and he gave me the best advice about running the NYC Marathon. I had the opportunity to talk to him prior to the run and run about a mile or so with him. He told me to enjoy every moment of the marathon and every mile, because as hard as it was going to be, I would want each moment back and you know what, he was 100% right!!!! I took his advice and just soaked in the whole marathon experience and I am so happy I did!
- Most inspirational runner: I can’t just choose one. Every single person who gets out there and hits the pavement is inspirational to me.
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? I only neeed one–AMAZING!
How was your year???