This week started out on a high note with the best run I have had since the NYC Marathon, unfortunately, it ended on a low note with a tortuous run. The reasons my runs progressively went downhill during this week was because I was sick. I knew I had a UTI (urinary tract infection), but it felt better one day and then got worse the next, so I basically ignored it like any normal nurse would, until today. Last night I was having lower back pain in addition to UTI symptoms, so I went to the doctor today. Diagnosis-UTI and probable kidney infection. I am now on antibiotics and hopefully it will clear up fast, because right now I can barely walk, let alone run. Word to the wise: do not ignore UTI symptoms, see a doctor right away.
- Monday 12/28/14: 60 minute long run. I felt awesome during this run!!! If every run could be like this one I would be a superstar!
- Tuesday 12/29/14: Strength workout, glutes and core; foam rolling and dynamic stretches
- Wednesday 12/30/14: I planned on running a NYE 5K at midnight with my friends, but due to a misunderstanding regarding the registrations it didn’t happen. I even had a cute outfit planned out, which I will definitely use during a future race, minus the hat.
- Thursday 12/31/14: Planned: 4 mile run. Actual: nothing. I was sick all day, partly the start of the UTI and partly a hangover, or mostly if I am honest.
- Friday 1/1/14: Hill repeats, glute workout, 4.5 miles. With the temperatures predicted to drop drastically I joined Planet Fitness, $1 down and then $10 a month. While I was there I did my hill workout on the treadmill. I even tried out some new sneakers, The VIVOBAREFOOT ONE, review to come in a few weeks.
- Saturday 1/2/14: PT for shoulder, foam rolling and dynamic stretches
- Sunday 1/3/14: Planned: 75 minute long run. Actual: 3 mile run, slow and torturous.
- Total Miles: 14.43 miles
I am not sure this week is going to be much better than last, but I am hoping since it is starting bad it will end good, especially since I am taking antibiotics for my infection.
How was your week??