Sooooo, it’s been a few weeks since I have done an official workout wrap-up, mostly due to illness. This is the first week I was fully back in training mode since I came down with the flu and even though there were some bumps in the road, namely a blizzard and a migraine, I still managed to get in all the workouts that my coach assigned me. My goal for the upcoming week is to be more consistent with my training plan and to be a better communicator to my coach, which I am sure she will appreciate.
Here is how my week went:
- Monday 1/26/14: Rest
- Tuesday 1/27/14: Missed workout due to Blizzard. Honestly I forgot to even check my schedule at the beginning of the week because I could have actually done today’s run yesterday, lesson learned. This was also my 4th Blogiversary!
- Wednesday 1/28/14: Easy run: 3 miles on the treadmill, plus 4x 20 second strides at the end of the run
- Thursday 1/29/14: Rest due to a migraine
- Friday 1/30/14: Pick-Ups: 3.5x5min, 5.5x10min. 7.2x1min alt with 6.0x2min x 5, 5.5x10min & 3.5x15min with incline 4-8. 4.13 miles
- Saturday 1/31/14: Tempo run: I attempted a tempo run without much success, unfortunately I couldn’t maintain a consistent pace probably due to being up with a sick kid the night before. 4 miles.
- Sunday 2/1/14: 10 minute of yoga
- Total Miles: 11.13 miles
My goal for this month is to be more consistent. I have been experiencing a lot of illnesses and migraines lately and I am determined not to let this sideline my training anymore. Any tips to boost my immune system would be appreciated!
How do you keep illness at bay?