Happy Friday the 13th all!!! Are you superstitious?? Not me, it’s just another Friday!!! This Friday is especially nice because I am off and I get to share with you all the things I am loving lately!
- I Decided To Go For A Little Run-Forrest Gump Virtual Race: I love virtual races because I can pick the date and time of when I want to run them, plus I don’t have to spend my day at an event. While I love running official races it is usually at least a 6 hour event even if it’s just a 5K and sometimes I just don’t have that much time to spend somewhere. This month Running On the Wall reached out to me to be on their Running on the Wall Virtual Race Series Athletes in exchange for a free race packet!! This was an honor and a privilege I could not turn down. Not only do I love Virtual Races, I also love Running on the Wall!
- The Islanders: This is the Islanders last season at Nassau Coliseum and of course they are doing amazing, #1 actually, although they seem to lose every time me and my husband go to a game. I am not a big sports fan but I love going to see the Islanders. Hockey is just so much fun to watch! I actually wasn’t even supposed to go to the game because I was supposed to be working. I ended up switching to a days shift and my mother-in-law got sick so I ended up at the game. Not only was the game great, other than the Islanders losing, I also got to meet Ralph Macchio! I actually didn’t even realize he was sitting behind us until I saw someone asking for a picture. I didn’t really look and asked my husband if it was someone famous and he was like that’s Ralph Macchio. I was sooo excited to be sitting so close the The Karate Kid!!!! I pretty much chickened out asking for a pic, I mean I even took this stalkerish pic at first:
I texted my friend Monica and told her I saw him but was too chicken to ask for a picture and she texted me back to stop being silly because he would be honored to take a pic with me. Now I don’t know about the honor thing but she convinced me to be brave, so on the way out I saw my opportunity and asked him for a pic. Guess what he said yes, but only because I was wearing an Islander shirt, lol!!
I also have to thank my father-in-law for getting us such awesome seats and my mother-in-law for giving me hers!
- Running Outside: Spring is here!! Hopefully. This week it hit 60 degrees on Long Island which meant that this awful snow has begun to melt and I got to run outside in shorts in the fresh air and sun. I am really hoping this weather is not short lived.
- My Skulpt Aim: A few weeks ago I received a Skulpt Aim to try out and review and I am loving it (and hating it or rather hating the numbers it is giving me).
As you can see this handy little device AKA the Skulpt Aim measures both muscle quality (MQ) and total body fat% (BF%). My body fat is much higher than I thought at 37.3%. My MQ is 104 which is about average. These numbers are somewhat a rude awakening since I thought I was in much better shape. Seeing my body fat % in black and white makes it real. You get your total body fat % by measuring four muscles-bicep, triceps, abdominals and quads. The device is easy to use and takes 3 snapshots of your muscle to get a more accurate reading. All you do is wet the back of the device and place on the muscle. Now as far as accuracy goes I believe it is pretty accurate. Although I though my BF% was high, my husbands was exactly what I expected-19.3%. I also checked it multiple times and got pretty much the same readings.
What I love about the Skulpt Aim is that is easy to use, portable and it syncs right to my phone or iPad. It also has the capability of measuring every muscle individually which allows you to get a complete picture of your MQ starting point and progress that you make or don’t make to each individual muscle. I know that the Skulpt Aim will be a useful tool in getting my butt in gear and really focusing on improving my MQ and reducing my BF%!!!
- The NYC Marathon Pic: I have been struggling with running lately (which I will tell you all about in another post), but every time I look at this picture in my living room I am brought back to the NYC Marathon which makes me happy.
What are your favorite things this week??