Happy Friday all!
I am getting back to my blogging roots and writing about things I want to write about and share with you! I have felt so pressured (by myself) to write for this blog that it just got to be too much so I took a break. Now that I am done with school and back to running I am feeling refreshed and ready to get back to the things I love which includes this blog.
This week I started running again and it feels great to get back to it!
- Sunday I ran 3 miles and though it was tough, it felt amazing to just be running again.
- Tuesday I went to PT for the last time for my shoulder and although it is definitely better it does still hurt at times. I plan to continue my PT at home and start to add some strengthening exercises into my routine.
- Wednesday sucked. I waited for my husband and we went for a 3 mile run after work. A couple of blocks in I knew it was going to be a sucky run. My lungs were burning and my legs felt like lead, but since I have a 10K to run I Sunday I kept going. Halfway through we both had to walk a few blocks. We finished, but it just plain sucked.
Why do some runs just plain suck?
I am not really sure of the answer but I will take a few guesses:
- Some runs just plain suck for no reason at all
- This particular run was only the second one after not running for a month
- My nutrition has been less than stellar
- 15 extra pounds
So what do I plan to do about this???
Right now, just keep running. I was supposed to run the Long Island Marathon but back in March I decided to drop down to the half or the 10K because the training was just stressing me out and making me hate running. After I made that decision I ended up having to take off a month for my shoulder injury so without much training I will be running the 10K this Sunday instead of the marathon.
I have also decided to join the K-Fit 6 Challenge which starts on May 18th.
I met Kendrick at the Diva’s Half Marathon Expo and he is pretty awesome. We have kept in touch virtually so when I got an email about this challenge a couple of days ago I knew I had to join!!! The challenge is to help runner’s drop fat, tone up, prevent injuries, get faster and run happy. If you need all those things like I do then you should definitely check out Kendrick’s website. This challenge is open to a limited number of people and until May 3rd Kendrick is offering an early bird special so head over to his site today!
Now that I am running again I have also been using Runner’s Choice Oil to soothe my sore feet and legs. This oil is da bomb!!! I just love it and now I get the opportunity to share some with you!! Check out my full review here. Trusted Health Products was generous enough to giveaway three bottles of Runner’s Choice Oil to three of my readers!
All you have to do is enter via the form below: