Week one of the K-Fit 6 Challenge is complete! I am using my custom Journal Menu to track my stats, goals, nutrition and workouts. I would love to tell you it was a perfect week, but it wasn’t. I followed all the workouts to a tee, unfortunately my nutrition over the weekend was less than perfect. I am going to show you my before pics and stats (YIKES) and then I will get you a wrap-up of my workout week!
Before Pic & Stats on May 18th:
- Wt: 143 lbs.
- Body Fat %: 43% as per my Skulpt Aim
- Chest: 25 in.; 35.25 (at nipple line)
- Biceps: 10 in.; 11in. (flexed)
- Waist: 30.5in (1 in. above belly button (BB)); 34.5 in. (at BB), 35.25 in. (1 in. below BB)
- Hips: 40 in.
- Thighs: 23 in.
- Calves: 13 in.
Taking the pics and recording the starting stats was an eye opener. It is easy to ignore that creep of weight gain when you don’t look at it directly. Tight clothes & awful numbers = time for a change. This is my highest weight ever with the exception of pregnancy. In 6 weeks I am hoping these numbers will change for the better.
Now on to last week’s workouts:
- Monday 5/18/15: Hill Workout-10 minute warm-up (down hill), 0.75 mile uphill x 2, 10 minute cool-down. 40 minutes total. 3.0 miles. I did this workout at Great Wolf Lodge. I ran from the entrance of the lodge down the hill to the street and repeated. It was rough but felt great!
- Tuesday 5/19/15: Strength workout plus 15 minute fat burn-run, 1.5 miles. The strength workout is a total body Tabata style workout consisting of 8 different exercises broken down into a 4 exercise Tabata that is repeated 2x. A core Tabata consisting of 5 exercises for one set finishes up the workout.
- Wednesday 5/20/15: Tempo Run=10 minute warm-up (10:32/mile), 10 minute faster pace (9:09/mile), 5 minute cool-down (10:46/mile), 2.55 miles
- Thursday 5/21/15: Strength workout plus 15 minute fat burn-run, 1.5 miles. Same strength workout as above.
- Friday 5/22/15: Rest Day
- Saturday 5/23/15: Rest Day
- Sunday 5/24/15: Long Run (45 minutes, 4.33 miles) plus a 13 mile bike ride.
- Total Miles: 12.88 miles
- In addition every day I do 5 extra exercises for 10 reps (squats, lunges, pushups, toe touches, oblique dips).
I nailed the workouts and so far my shoulder is still feeling good!!! The nutrition plan we are following during the 6 weeks is a starch control diet. This basically means we are limiting starches, especially at dinner time. This is not a low carb diet. The focus is eating whole foods with the bulk of our calories in the am. I would love to say I nailed the nutrition part, but I didn’t. I was great all week. The weekend was rougher than I expected and I had a few more cheat meals than I would have liked. I will work on reigning in my cheat meals this coming week, limiting them to two.
My weight did not change this week which was a little disappointing, but it goes to show that nutrition is key. Even without the weight loss I feel awesome and this feeling is what will give me the motivation to continue.
I have been logging all my workouts in the custom log book that Journal Menu sent me for free to review. I have to say that I love this log book!!!
I mean how awesome is this custom log book from Journal Menu??? I love everything about this log book, especially the fact that you can completely customize it to your needs!
Some of the pages included in my book are: Goals, training planners, race reviews, measurements, nutrition/exercise journal (2 page per week), PR records and pace charts. Each journal page has an inspiring quote on it to motivate you to keep going!!! I couldn’t ask for more in a log book!!! It is a great way to keep on track and monitor your progress!!! The average price for a journal is $14.99! I will definitely be purchasing another once I finish this one!!! It is a great way to keep on track and monitor your progress!!
I am looking forward to a better week than last!!!!
How was your workouts this past week!!!
Disclosure: I received a Journal Menu log book free of charge for my review. My fee was waved for the K-Fit Challenge in exchange for blogging about my experience. All opinions are as always 100% my own.