WOW!! I cannot believe I am halfway through the K-Fit 6 Challenge. Where does the time go???? This week was good in some ways but bad in others. I did not stick to the workout plan 100% due to shin splints and nutritionally I would say I was good 65% of the time. Even though I did not follow the plan 100% of the time I did make some breakthroughs that I am happy about. I have had no shoulder pain during any workouts….breakthrough! My run on Sunday was great and fast and I had negative splits….breakthrough. I am feeling stronger and better than I have in months……breakthrough. Overall, hitting the halfway point has been an enlightening experience!
Here is the breakdown:
- Monday 6/1/15: Rest Day; Steps, 4325.
- Tuesday 6/2/15: Steps, 11,227; Fat Burn Run: 1.7 miles, Strength: 15 minute AMRAP of 8 reps of 8 exercises, I did 7 rounds plus 21 reps.
- Wednesday (National Running Day) 6/3/15: Steps, 13,835; Hill Workout: 3.78 miles.
- Thursday 6/4/15: Steps, 14,469; 3 mile tempo run.
- Friday 6/5/15: Steps, 9495; Rest.
- Saturday 6/6/15: Steps, 9163; Rest.
- Sunday 6/7/15: Steps, 10,654; 3.1 mile run (great run, I def felt increased endurance and even had negative splits, see below); Strength: 15 minute AMRAP (same as Tuesday), I did 10 rounds plus 15 reps!!! Totally beat my Tuesday workout!
I would say that this was a pretty successful week despite some hiccups. I ran, I strength trained and I watched my nutrition to the best of my ability. This challenge has provided me with with most focus in months. I am ready to tackle the nest three weeks!!!!
How was your workout week??
Disclosure: My fee was waved for the K-Fit Challenge in exchange for blogging about my experience. Bowflex provided me with a pair of Select Tech Dumbbells and protein powder to utilize for their challenge. All opinions are as always 100% my own.