This past week was both good and bad. Labor Day Weekend we spent Sunday and Monday in Disney, which was loads of fun even though it monsooned on Saturday as soon as we arrived. This was probably the only time I was happy to wait on line for Anna & Elsa which was amazingly less than an hour. We bought season passes so we will be going quite often!
Disney was great. Running after Disney not so much. I had a long run scheduled for Monday which I planned on running after we got home from Disney. It never happened. Honestly, I was tired from being up with a sick child for multiple nights (of course she had no complaints while at Disney) and my stomach was a mess. I talked with Jess and she said to chalk it up as a missed run and move on, so I did. The end of the week was much better than the start and I got in a 2.5 hour run which felt pretty good!
Here’s the breakdown:
- Monday 9/7/15: Missed long run
- Tuesday 9/8/15: Rest
- Wednesday 9/9/15: Orange Theory Fitness, 3 miles
It’s going to be a great day because I started my day @otfwiregrass with an amazing trainer, Mike! We did a super tough workout that I loved, plus I burned over 600 Calories in one hour!! Thanks Mike! #orangetheoryfitness #otfwiregrass #racepacerunner #teamasicsnycm #teamasics #fitfluential #ffcheckin
- Thursday 9/10/15: Rest
- Friday 9/11/15: Easy middle distance run, 70 minutes, 6.5 mile run
- Sunday 9/13/15: 2.5 hour run, 12.84 miles. This was a slow one (see splits below), but it was humid. I actually went to a new park to meet up with some runners from the run Tampa group. It was still like pitch black when I got there at 6:30 and knew there was no way I was running in a new park in the dark alone. I saw the coordinator of the long run and introduced myself, unfortunately every one meeting had a pace much faster than mine. There were four other women who looked about my age that looked like they were headed for a run so I introduced myself, asked their pace and proceeded to ask if I could run with them because I was a big chicken and didn’t want to run alone in a new area (not creepy at all). These ladies were nice enough to let me join their six mile run and as it turned out two of them were teachers at my daughters school! It is so hard to make friends as an adult because it is so intimidating (at least for me) to introduce yourself and ask to hang out. I am proud that this is essentially what I did and now I have made some new runner friends. Also, they must not think I was too creepy because we are all Facebook friends now. Anyhoo, the first six miles were with these ladies and the last 6.8 was all me. Slow and steady, except for the last mile it started to monsoon where I sped up significantly!!! Overall I felt great!
- Total miles: 22.34 miles.
This week will prove to be challenging because it is my first week back at work. My goal is to do very single workout Jess has laid out for me.
On another note webisode 4 for #TeamASICSNYC is going to be a “Fans Choice”, so if you have an questions for us five bloggers regarding marathon training please leave them in the comments and we will be answering as many as we can!!!! Also, have you seen the ASICS NYC Marathon collection??? It is pretty awesome!!!
I am secretly hoping they will be sending us a pair of these, but if not, I may be purchasing a pair when I get to New York!!!!
What question marathon training questions do you have for #TeamASICSNYCM?