Jenna Wolfe is a personal trainer, TV journalist and Lifestyle & Fitness expert. You may know her from the TODAY show or from her brand new book Thinner in 30. In her new book, Thinner in 30, Jenna provides you with 30 small changes that leads to amazing results. I loved the book and will be posting a more in depth review soon, until then you can learn more about Jenna and her book by checking out my interview with her below!
- How did you get in to physical fitness/personal training? The short answer is that I was an active kid from day 1. I mean, I literally came out of the womb doing push ups. Growing up in the Caribbean (Jamaica and Haiti), we were always outside running all over the place (playing indoors was rarely an option). As I grew up, that love of movement parlayed itself into organized sports and eventually into fitness. My aha moment came when I realized that taking care of your body actually makes life easier. I have more energy, I move better, I’m stronger, faster and happier. Moving well and eating well mean living well. Now I try to spread that message to others.
- Why did you create Thinner in 30? The first time I ever needed to lose weight was right after I had my second baby. The weight just came off after my first, but was stubbornly hanging around after my second. I was doing the same workouts but for whatever reason, my body wasn’t reacting the same way. I needed to go back to the drawing board. So I took everything I knew about fitness, diet, sleep, etc and I mixed it all together to form one big word: CHANGE. But the concept of CHANGE is so overwhelming that I took a different approach. I broke the word up into 30 little bite sized, easy to follow, digestible pieces and wrote a chapter on each. This way, all you need to do everyday is one small, easy thing. On day 2, you now do two things. Day 3, you do three things. And so on. That’s how you create sustainability.
- What makes this book/program different from any other program out there? I did this. I lost all my baby weight in 2 months. My friend Marni did this. She lost 12 pounds in a month. My mom is starting this.. and has already seen changes. In order for your life to change, you have to change your life. Changing everything on January 1st is a recipe for failure. But doing one small thing everyday for 30 days (and by small, I mean chewing your food longer or drinking 20 sips of water… that’s pretty small and easy!), leads to change that will last forever.
- What is your go to healthy meal? 3 egg whites, ¼ avocado, tomato, thin sliced raw red beet (for crunch), salt and pepper on a wrap with a teaspoon of hummus.
- If you only have 20-30 minutes a day what type of exercise/exercises do you think would make the most impact on a person’s health? When short on time, I always do one of my pyramid workouts. It takes 10-15 minutes and combines cardio and strength training to work every muscle in your body. I have a number of different pyramids (and other levels of workouts) on my website, Jennawolfe.com and in my book, Thinner in 30. Here’s a sample pyramid:
Disclosure: I received Jenna’s book at no charge for my review, all opinions are 100% my own. Any amazon links are affiliate links.