So week 4 was less than stellar, but I did have some high points, like my first 5K in 1.5 years and my first race in Florida!!! This week I was moving into my new house, so while I did not do many official workouts, I think moving boxes counts……right? I was also still recovering from the nasty virus I had last week, Tuesday was the first day I actually felt fairly normal. The best laid plans……. I am glad to have Jess, my coach, because without her I probably would just do nothing while I am moving and stressing, the accountability defintely motivates me…..and the money that I pay, which is worth every single cent!!!!
Week 4 breakdown:
- Monday 4/18/16: Scheduled: 45 minutes elliptical and lower body. Actual: 20 minutes elliptical. I was soaked with sweat after 20 minutes, it felt like 3 hours. This was my first workout after being sick and I still wasn’t 100%.
- Tuesday 4/19/16: Easy run. My first run in almost a week. Thankfully I had a good friend to do it with me!!! 3.1 miles in 36.07. Not fast, but felt amazing!!!
I survived! Great run this am with a great friend, my first in a week. It was rough but having a friend made it much easier!! Thanks @allisonalfonso for a great run! #racepacerunner #runner #runchat #running #runtheyear #TeamASICS #teamasicsnycm #fitfluential #ffcheckin #sweatpink #tattooedrunner #tattooedrunnergirls #garminrunning
- Wednesday 4/20/16: Rest
- Thursday 4/21/16: Scheduled: yoga. Actual: rest.
- Friday 4/22/16: Scheduled: Elliptical. Actual: rest, plus moving. Moving has been happening all week actually!
- Saturday 4/23/16: Tampa International Airport 5K (recap coming this week).
A photo posted by Toni (@runninglovingliving) on
- Sunday 4/24/16: Rest plus moving.
- Total Miles: 6.2 miles
Definitely not a high mileage week, which after that crazy virus is fine. I think I am finally starting to listen to my body. It only took 38 years. This week was rough, but seeing the Echo Half Medal made me super excited:
I am also super excited to run a half again because my last half marathon was in 2014, the Virginia Beach Rock’n’Roll Half. It was my 10th!!! I am excited to be well enough to tackle my 11th in June with my new Florida running friends!!
I am hoping this week will be better than last. Actually, I am going to be positive, this week will be better than last!!!!
How was your week?