Another week of training is in the books. This week I struggled with working long hours, 14 on some days. I tried not to let this get in the way of my training, but it did a little. I did manage to overcome training after work in the heat. Some days it is just impossible for me to get up early, train and then go to work. Running in the dark alone scares me. I am mostly afraid of critters like alligators, but sadly I am also afraid of humans. It is important as a runner to stay safe, so if I have no one to run with in the morning I have run after work in the 90 degree feels like 102 weather. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right??
Here is the breakdown from this week:
- Monday 7/4/16: 3 mile run, 36:33, 12:11 avg. pace; 4.3 miles bicycling, 26:52. Scheduled was a 30-60 minute bike ride, but since I missed Sunday’s long run due to work I ended running and biking with my husband! I am always ahead!!!
- Tuesday 7/5/26: Rest Day.
- Wednesday 7/6/16: 4 mile run, 44:52, 11:13 avg. pace. This run was at 6:30pm in the Florida heat. I debated whether or not to go, but it was run then or real early on Thursday, so I took the better of the two evils and ran then. It was rough. The heat was killer, but somehow I survived. The best part was jumping in the pool after in my sports bra and underwear……it’s just like wearing a bathing suit, right?
- Thursday 7/7/16: Scheduled: Strength; Actual: Rest. Worked 14 hours and just didn’t have it in me to work out.
- Friday 7/8/16: Scheduled: Tempo Run; Actual: Rest. After the 14 hour day I had Thursday I was just exhausted and touched base with Jess who said I could add the Tempo to my long run. Once I got her permission I didn’t feel as guilty skipping it.
- Saturday 7/9/16: Scheduled: Yoga; Actual: Rest. This was the result of a late night Friday. We partied a little too much and I pretty much felt like crap on Saturday. In addition, my husband and I started the Whenever Cleanse from Juice From The Raw that I bought from Groupon. Overall the cleanse was great, but it didn’t help me feel better on Saturday (full post on the cleanse to come next week).
- Sunday 7/10/16: Long/Tempo Run, 6 miles, 1:04:26, 10:44 avg. pace. Considering I was on my second day of the juice cleanse and it was extremely humid I would say this was a pretty great run. I even managed to keep my pace in the 8’s for the first two intervals, the third was a little slower and almost killed me.
Total Training Miles: 20 miles
Overall I think it turned out to be a pretty good week. The biggest issue with training I am having at the moment is my sneakers. It seems my feet have grown or are just swelling due to the humidity, but my size 9 sneakers just don’t seem to fit right. I am struggling to find my “marathon” sneaker. The only thing I know for sure is that it is between the ASICS Meta-Run, ASICS GT-2000 and Brooks Adrenaline. Not sure which one it will be yet, but I will let you know!
How was your week? Any tips on finding the right sneaker?