Week 9 of training was pretty uneventful due to me having hip pain after my long run week 8. We also had some stormy weather due to Hermine which actually forced me to rest anyway. I am happy to report that week 10 was pretty great!!!! I ran without pain and completed a 16 miler too. I think there is something about 16 miles that makes me actually believe I will run a marathon in November.
I am super excited to announce that I am a TCS New York City Marathon Social Media Ambassador, which means I will be sharing my story along with the other ambassadors and I will even have the opportunity to take over the NYRR Snapchat/Instagram stories so stay tuned!!!
Next weekend I will be participating in the Fit Foodie Race Weekend in Tampa. If you haven’t signed up yet you can still use my discount code below. If you have, let me know!!!! I am hoping to meet some virtual friends in real life next week.
- Monday 8/29/16: Rest.
- Tuesday 8/30/16: Rest.
- Wednesday 8/31/16: Rest.
- Thursday 9/1/16: Easy run, 2.5 miles, 11:47 avg. pace. Pre-Hermine run, felt good, no pain.
- Friday 9/2/16: Rest.
- Saturday 9/3/16: Rest.
- Sunday 9/4/16: Easy Run, 2.87 miles, 11:38 avg. pace.
- Miles: 5.37 miles
- Total Miles: 164.75 miles
Week 10 Training Recap:
- Monday 9/5/16: Rest.
- Tuesday 9/6/16: Rest.
- Wednesday 9/7/16: Rest.
- Thursday 9/8/16: Easy Run, 5.01 miles, 11:03 avg. pace.
Great run this am! The run number was the highest I have seen-7, although I think it felt more like a 5. No hip pain either!!! #tcsnycmarathon #tcsnycmarathontraining #racepacerunner #teamasics #teamasicsnycm #running #runchat #fitfluential #sweatpink #fitapproach #ffcheckin #run #tattooedrunner #tattoedrunnerchic #werunsocial #runners #training #tcsnycmarathon #marathontraining #nycmarathon #garmin #garminrunning #womensrunningcommmunity #runnersofinstagram #runningcommunity
- Friday 9/7/16: Rest.
- Saturday 9/8/16: Easy Run, 6.01 miles, 13:21 avg. pace; Cycling, 6 miles, 37:06. This run was all over the place. I had a great run with friends in the am, but took it easy because I knew I would be running 16 miles Sunday.
- Sunday 9/9/16: Long Run, 16 miles, 11:46 avg. pace. This was a great run!! It wasn’t easy and I was glad to have a friend, but great nonetheless. Plus, my last 3 miles were my fastest. The only thing I could’ve used more of was fuel, lesson learned. I did hit a Dunkin’ at the end of the run and ordered and iced coffee plus some packets of salt. The lady asked if I was going to put in my coffee and I told no, I am just going to eat it and then proceeded to explain why. Not sure she truly understood and pretty sure she thought I was crazy, but I am a runner, right?
- Miles: 27.02 miles
- Total Miles: 191.77 miles
So I’d say that this week was the week that gave me the confidence that I will actually run NYC, sometimes I have my doubts, but the 16 miler renewed my confidence. I still have some fueling issues to work on, but that is to be worked out during my training. I am also looking for the ideal hydration pack so if you have any suggestions please let me know.
What gave you the confidence you would actually complete a race you trained for?