Another two weeks of training gone. Only 25 days to go. I would love to say that this has been a smooth training cycle, but it hasn’t. I have had my ups and downs, this past week being a down. I pretty much have not run since my 22 miler due to left foot pain and an irritated right ITB.
- Monday 9/26/16: Rest.
- Tuesday 9/27/16: Easy Run, 4 miles, 57:39, 14:23 avg. pace. This was a pretty sucky run. Arleen’s calves hurt and we just couldn’t get it together.
Easy 4 miler done! . . . #tcsnycmarathon #tcsnycmarathontraining #racepacerunner #teamasics #teamasicsnycm #running #runchat #fitfluential #sweatpink #fitapproach #ffcheckin #run #tattooedrunner #tattoedrunnerchic #werunsocial #runners #training #tcsnycmarathon #marathontraining #nycmarathon #garmin #garminrunning #womensrunningcommmunity #runnersofinstagram #runningcommunity
- Wednesday 9/28/16: Rest.
- Thursday 9/29/16: Easy Run. Scheduled: 6 miles. Actual: 5.67 miles, 1:18:49, avg. pace: 13:53. Another bust for us. We both had the idea this was going to be a really great run and it just wasn’t. Well, we learned and now we move on.
- Friday 9/30/16: Rest.
- Saturday 10/1/16: Rest.
- Sunday 10/2/16: Long Run, 20 miles, 3:47:40, avg. pace 11:23/mile. This run was a collaborative effort of all my favorite running friends!!!! Arleen, Dawn & Allison all made this run possible by joining me for different parts and I appreciate them all!
My last mile was my fastest!!! I felt really strong ending this run, so despite the crappy runs I still felt great during this one.
- Miles: 29.67 miles.
- Total Training Miles: 266.27
This week ended on a great note. I completed 20 miles!!!!! I can run NYC!!!! I got this!!!! Although, I got that pain in my left foot back. Pretty positive it is peroneal tendonitis and my chiropractor agrees.
- Monday 10/3/16: Rest.
- Tuesday 10/4/16: Rest.
- Wednesday 10/5/16: Easy Run. Scheduled: 4 miles. Actual: 2.11 miles, 32:04, avg. pace 15:11. I woke up pretty much knowing that this run was not going to happen. I debated back and forth whether or not to go, but as I sat dressed at 5:40 am I figured I’d try. I texted my friends the possibility I would not finish this run. They were all supportive and even questioned if I should start. I decided to start and Allison stayed with me while Arleen and Dawn went ahead. This was a walk/run for me and Allison. Dawn had an awesome run which was great for her!!! I however was left defeated. My foot hurt. Not stress fracture hurt, but still hurt. Also my right ITB was just being annoying. This run was a test and I pretty much knew the rest of the week would be rest. Thankfully, this was a fall back week. Jess and I talked and we decided that rest was best and that it was I did! Too close to the marathon to F it all up now.
Two super slow miles in the dark this am. My left foot is angry so I stopped and walked most of it. It’s a fall back week so me and my coach @racepacejess decided best to just to rest this week. I will get to the marathon!!!! #tcsnycmarathon #tcsnycmarathontraining #racepacerunner #teamasics #teamasicsnycm #running #runchat #fitfluential #sweatpink #fitapproach #ffcheckin #run #tattooedrunner #tattoedrunnerchic #werunsocial #runners #training #tcsnycmarathon #marathontraining #nycmarathon #garmin #garminrunning #womensrunningcommmunity #runnersofinstagram #runningcommunity
- Thursday 10/6/16: Rest.
- Friday 10/7/16: Rest.
- Saturday 10/8/16: Cycling, 5.11 miles, 28:22, 10.8 mph.
- Sunday 10/9/16: Yoga.
- Miles: 2.11 miles.
- Total Training Miles: 288.38 miles
So I would have wished for better, but I am the better be safe than sorry girl. I want to head to NYC and beat my previous time, but overall I want to head to NYC and run. I missed running the marathon last year and I am not about to miss this year, no matter what. At this point I am pretty sure this is my last NYC Marathon. I won’t say last marathon, but it is likely to be my last NYC. So no matter what I want to run.
Have you trained for a marathon? What have been your ups and downs?