Happy New Year!!!! It is officially 2017, but what has actually changed other than our mindset???? Nothing. I would love to tell you that I achieved all my 2016 goals, but I didn’t. I would love to tell you that I don’t need new healthy goals for the new year, but I do.
I like using the term goal rather than resolution. The definition of a resolution is: “a firm decision to do or not to do something”. The definition of a goal is: “the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result”. I think the term goal defines what I am striving for rather than just a resolution where I am deciding to do or not to do something.
This year, 2017, I am striving to be better. I am striving to do better by following through on my goals or at the very least making the best attempt I can to follow through. I have lived in Florida for about a year and a half now and in that time I have pretty much let my ambition and drive dwindle, in addition to acting like I have been on a vacation. I mean it’s Florida right??? Vacation everyday!!!! Unfortunately this is not really a realistic way to live when you live here all year long, so it’s time to buckle down.
My goals for 2017 are as follows:
- Lose 20-25 pounds.
- Walk 10,000 steps daily.
- Run/Walk/Elliptical my way to 2017 miles between me and my three other friends. We joined the Run The Year Challenge, which I attempted last year by myself and failed, so this year I am reattempting it with a four person team.
- By June feel comfortable enough to run in just a sports bra.
- Run four half-marathons, each one faster than the previous half. I am already signed up for two: Key West on 1/16/17 and Mount Dora on 12/17/17. Plus, I am 90% positive I am also running the RNR Las Vegas in November.
- Gain back my lost speed. I would like to get down to 9-10 minute miles consistently by the end of the year.
- Cross Train at least 2X a week. This includes weight training, yoga and cardio that does not include running.
This is my last year of my 30’s and I plan to start 40 feeling good and in great shape!!!! I know all these goals are achievable if I just focus, which is exactly what I plan to do starting right now!!!!
What are your goals for 2017?