Disclosure: I partnered with Fit4Mom New Tampa to participate in the Body Back Transformation Challenge. I received the challenge at no charge in exchange for my honest review on this blog.
My plan is to recap all my workouts every week for the next year. I have a pretty big time goal for the Key West Half 2018, 1:45, and by recording all my workouts so I can see my progress or lack thereof in black and white. I also started Fit4Mom New Tampa’s Body Back Transformation Challenge this past week and I am loving it so far. I really need to strengthen my body to prevent any more injuries and lose weight to get back down to my racing weight (about 125). I am also participating in the Run The Year 2017 Challenge with a team of four of us. The goal is to run/walk 2017 miles in 2017. We are only including runs and purposeful walks, we are not including or daily steps.
I am looking forward to sharing my experience and progress with you as I give it my all to reach my goals this year.
- Monday 1/16/17: Rest. We were driving back from Key West, so there was no working out done on this day.
- Tuesday 1/17/17: Body Back Day 1; 2.5 mile walk; 3 mile run. Body Back is from 5:30-6:30 am and let me tell after getting home from a what felt like 20 hour drive (really only about 8) from Key West on Monday night, I did not want to get up early today, but I did. Thankfully this was the first day and consisted of assessments-1 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups, bicep curls, squats, plank and measurements. You can check out my initial assessment below, and be sure to follow me on instagram for my daily workout recaps.
Day one of the @fit_4_mom New Tampa’s Body Back 8 week transformation! I have partnered with #fit4momnewtampa to experience this challenge and give my honest review on my blog! I am ready to get back to when I was super fit and super fast! My one mile was 9:36, an okay start but I can do better! I can’t wait to show you my progress over the next 8 weeks! #fitfluential #running #runner #floridarunning
- Wednesday 1/18/17: 2.5 mile walk; 2.67 mile run; 1.5 mile walk. Arleen and I walked at lunch and then met back up again later that night. We ran from Arleen’s house to a local middle school where our other friend Allison was watching her kids soccer practice. It was 1.34 miles there and our average pace was 9:16. Our pace back was 2 minutes slower, but we did walk with Allison for a few miles too.
- Thursday 1/19/17: Body Back Day 2; Speedwork, 2.15 miles. Day two of Body Back was hard. I am so out of shape with everything, but running and even my running isn’t where I want it to be, but that will change soon.
- Friday 1/20/17: 2.75 mile walk. Arleen and I walked at lunch.
- Saturday 1/21/17: 0.5 mile walk. This was pretty much a rest day, but I did walk 0.5 miles while Abby practiced soccer.
- Sunday 1/22/17: Long Run, 11 miles; Body Back mini workout. We originally had 9 miles scheduled, but the Flatwoods Loop is 11 miles and it seemed silly to just not do the loop, so we did and it sucked. We also decided that this loop was going to be our long run every week, we need to stay race ready!
- Total Running Miles: 19.82 miles
- Total Miles: 29.57
It was a busy week! Key West has left me super energetic, I like the f-ing energizer bunny. It has also left me without an appetite, best diet ever….lol. 51 weeks to the 2018 Key West Half Marathon!!!!
How was your week?