Well technically this was the first week of echo half training. I have not yet begun to run and more than likely will not be running in week 2 either, but that is okay. My leg feels so much better and I am deciding to play it safe by holding off until next week to run. I would still have 10 weeks until the half, which is plenty of time to adequately train for the half. Even if I had to hold off an additional two weeks, which I am hoping I won’t, I would still have 8 weeks to train.
And while I am not running, I am doing plenty to keep myself in shape. Check it out:
- Monday 3/13/17: Kickboxing; Walking, 2.5 miles; Lower Body Workout #1. My friend Arleen and I purchased Emily Skye’s F.I.T. program. It is a 3-phase program that is 12 weeks long. Today was our first workout and after we even attempted to recreate her friends yoga challenge. You can see our video’s here. Any numbered workouts I post are Emily Skye workouts.
- Tuesday 3/14/17: Lower Body #1.
- Wednesday 3/15/17: Kickboxing; Walking in parking garage, up and down 4 stories x 4 times; Core workout #1.
- Thursday 3/16/17: Rowing x 0.25 mile alt with core x4; HIIT Circuit #1. Arleen and I performed the Emily Skye workout on the rooftop of her parking garage at work. No excuses not to workout!!!!
- Friday 3/18/17: Kickboxing; Lower Body Workout #2.
- Saturday 3/19/17: Savage Race.
- I did not participate in the actual race. Again, just trying to play it smart so I decided just to spectate with my friend Han, who also has an injury. My friend Dawn ended up rolling her ankle at mile 1, so she joined us for spectating too. So it ended up that one half of the couples who were supposed to participate, actually ended up participating. Us spectators ended up walking about 4-5 miles to watch our significant others participate in the challenges. We even ended up getting a wild ride in a golf cart……
We did all end up buying vouchers so we could do it again next March…..hopefully all six of us will actually be able to participate.
- Sunday 3/20/17: Rollerblading, 11.3 miles; Upper Body Workout #2.
- Miles: 0
- Total Training Miles: 0
It was a great week! I hosted an after Savage party at my house. We BBQ’s and drank margaritas!! The picture below consists of the Savage racers….blue finished, red did not.
Even though I didn’t run I still felt great!! Overall I’d give it an A!!!!
How was your week?