Disclosure: As a compensated NOW Foods Influencer I receive their products on a monthly to try out, all opinions are 100% my own.
I have never been that girl who is obsessed with makeup or skin care. I pretty much wash my face with whatever sale cleanser I could find and occasionally moisturizer, also with whatever happened to be on sale. My makeup regimen always took me ten minutes, tops. Many people told me that when I got older I would regret not caring for my skin more and while I wouldn’t say they were right, I do realize that I need to do more for my skin if I want to maintain my youthful appearance.
I am a classic example of everything you shouldn’t do for your skin when you are young. I smoked as a teenager (quit when I was 18), sunbathed with baby oil (who knew about sunscreen, or cared), ate junk all the time (not anymore), and used the cheapest products I could find (who had money????). I suffered from pretty bad acne as a teen, any wonder why??? I eventually took Accutane to clear it up and it worked really well for me.
A friend of mine who is seven years older than me would always tell me I need to take care of my skin or I’ll get wrinkles. I told her so what??? That’s what happens when you age, it’s normal. I have never been one to worry about getting older and I still don’t, but I do realize I would like to grow old gracefully….which means adopting a good skin care regimen.
- Almond oil: I use this as a make-up remover. It works well and the only ingredient is almond oil.
- 2 in 1 Correcting Eye Cream I have always suffered from under eye darkness. No matter what I do it is there, but it has gotten better after I started using this cream.
- Hyaluronic Acid Firming Serum:This product is meant to naturally reduce the appearance of fine lines. Unfortunately, this is a condition I suffer from due to my most expressive face. I use this product every 2-3 days and have noticed a difference, my fine lines are definitely less prominent.
- Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer (AM): This is my morning moisturizer. It is also supposed to help with fine lines.
- Hyaluronic Acid Crème (PM): My nighttime moisturizer.
- Nature’s Microdermabrasion: I use this product 2x a week to exfoliate my skin. I love that it uses volcanic sand instead of harmful aluminum crystals.
- Green Tea & Pomegranate Cream Cleanser: This is the cleanser that I use and I love it. I use it at least 2x a day, if not more.
I have been using all of these products religiously and I love them all!! I have definitely seen an improvement in my skin since starting this regimen.
I am now hooked on my skin care regimen and truly believe it is a necessity to maintain a youthful appearance. I honestly don’t mind growing old, but if I can do it very gracefully that is a plus!
What skin care products are a necessity in your regimen?