Week four came and went. Part of the week I was sick. Tuesday I actually went to my workout, but then felt so bad I could barely do it. I ended up at the urgent care center by 8 am. Nurses rarely head to the doctor for illness, but I literally felt like total shit from top to bottom. Turns out I had a sinus infection, urinary tract infection and a yeast infection…….basically, my body was telling me it needed a rest. I was prescribed a whole bunch of medicine, mostly which I think hurt rather than helped me and I made bone broth. I froze most of the bone broth, but I also used it to recreated my favorite Asian soup-clear broth with chicken, rice, habanero peppers, garlic and scallion. This soup could cure anything for sure. I took two days to rest and then dove back into my workouts.
- Monday 5/1/17: Kickboxing; Emily Skye HIIT Circuit. I definitely look tired at kickboxing.
- Tuesday 5/2/17: Attempted Body Back; Rest.
- Wednesday 5/3/17: Rest.
- Thursday 5/4/17: 3 mile run; Body Back. My first day back after 2 days of rest and I felt awesome. The 8:41 mile felt tough, but not too tough, which makes me so happy!
- Friday 5/5/17: Emily Skye workouts upper and lower body; 20 minutes on ski trainer.
Great workout today thanks to @allison.alfonso !!!! Some friends make it worth getting up at 4:30 am!!! We stretched, did an @emilyskyefit workout (at least some of one), used a new piece of cardio equipment and relaxed in the sauna!!!! #noexcuses #cantstopwontstop #training #echohalftraining #runner #runners #runchat #running
- Saturday 5/6/17: 8 mile Trail Run. Check out my post on how I fueled during this run here.
- Sunday 5/7/17: Emily Skye workout HIIT Circuit.
- Miles: 11 miles
- Total Training Miles: 39.96 miles
Overall it was an okay week. I am still not feeling 100%. I now am battling a little bronchitis. We had some wildfires in the area since the last weekend and the smoke is very irritating to my lungs. I am hoping I will be better by the weekend…..we will see…..
Four weeks left until Echo!!!!!
How was your week?