This week I was on a rest week from my Emily Skye program, but that doesn’t mean I rested. I still ran, kickboxed and went to Body Back. I don’t think I could actually completely rest because I would go insane. My running paces are all over the place, mostly because I adjust the pace depending on whom I am running with that day. Once I get into my real speed training for Naples, I think most of my runs will be solo or at least partially solo.
- Monday 5/15/17: Kickboxing.
- Tuesday 5/16/17: Body Back; Kickboxing.
- Wednesday 5/17/17: Run, 3.5 miles, 44:45, 12:48 avg. pace; Cycling, 3.5 miles, 23:00.
- Thursday 5/18/17: Body Back, full body plus 1.8 miles of running; Fitniche Pub Run, 3.10 miles, 27:50, 8:59 avg. pace. Body Back was amazing!!! Definitely one of the best workouts that I have done there!
Awesome #BodyBack work out this am thanks to @jennicrafton #fit4momnewtampa it consisted of 6 rounds with three exercises, each round repeated 3x!!! It even had 1.8 miles of running! I managed to finish it all with 10 minutes to spare!! #fit4mom #echohalftraining #training #crosstraining #florida #floridalife #noexcuses #cantstopwontstop #werunsocial
- Fitniche Wiregrass hosts a pub run every Thursday at 6:30 pm. I went for the first time last week with my husband and my friend Carrie and her son. I loved it, except for the fact that it is at 6:30 pm, because of the heat. This week I went alone and when I started the run it was 96. When I finished 93. What I do love about this run is that I get to meet local runners and there is a water station at the halfway point. It may have been hot, but I managed an under 9 minute average pace!!!! Yay me!!!!!
- Friday 5/19/17: Gym-yoga, abs, cables, cardio & sauna; Kickboxing.
- Saturday 5/20/17: Rest; Ladies Wine Night. I hosted a ladies wine night and it was a ton of fun, plus we got to drink and learn about some really great wine!
- Sunday 5/21/17: Run, 3.01 miles, 32:18, 10:48 avg. pace; Cycling, 6.23 miles, 36:59.
- Miles: 11.41 miles
- Total Training Miles: 67.65 miles
Overall a great week, a little low on mileage, but still great. I bought a new pair of running sunglasses this week, goodr, and I love them. I have been eyeing them for awhile and then my friend Allison bought a pair. I had the opportunity to try hers and I knew I needed my own. I ended up buying a pair prior to the pub run Thursday night. There were so many colors to choose from, but the salesgirl convinced me when she showed me “Nessy’s Midnight Orgy”. Not only did I love the color, I loved the name!
Not only are they stylish, they do not move during the run. I mean they do not move at all. Plus they are super light. These are the perfect running glasses. Now I need a pair in every color.
How was your week?