This was basically a taper week. I had no grand plans for running. My only running plans were to run easy and I did. My only goal for the Echo Half was to run an under 2:15, meaning 2:14. If you follow me on Instagram you already know I crushed that goal, recap is coming soon.
- Monday 5/29/17: 6 mile run, Emily Skye F.I.T. Abs blast 4.
- Tuesday 5/30/17: Body Back; Emily Skye F.I.T. Upper Body.
- Wednesday 5/31/17: Emily Skye F.I.T. HIIT Circuit; 2.5 mile run.
- Thursday 6/1/17: Body Back; Emily Skye F.I.T. Upper Body.
- Friday 6/2/17: Rest.
- Saturday 6/3/17: Rest
- Sunday 6/4/17: Echo Half Marathon, 1:59:50, 9:06 avg. pace. This half was my first sub-2 since 2011….20 f-ing 11! I did not train for a sub-2 half, but once I realized it was a possibility I wanted it and I pushed for it. I will have a full recap after the weekend.
- Miles: 21.7 (Including the half)
- Total Training Miles: 88.75 (not including the half)
Echo was a redemption race for me. I was supposed to run last year, but broke my toe a few weeks before and had to drop out. I got injured this past February and couldn’t run until mid-April. I not only came back from an injury, I trained for the Echo Half in eight weeks and I achieved a sub-2 half. I’d say I got my redemption and then some.
How was your week?