In less than six weeks I will be running over the Golden Gate Bridge during the “1st Half” of the San Francisco Marathon. I am so excited for this race, especially since it will be my first time in San Francisco and I can’t think of a better way to see this city! This training cycle is piggybacking off of my Echo Half training and will lead into my Cocoa Beach Half training. Basically, I will be training for one half or another until next February.
- Monday 6/12/17: Kickboxing; Track Workout, 1.5 miles, 15:17, avg. pace: 10:11/mile.
- Tuesday 6/13/17: Body Back with 1.19 miles of running, avg. pace: 10:19/mile.
- Wednesday 6/14/17: Hill training, 6.05 miles, 1:05:46, avg. pace: 10:52/mile; Kickboxing. I finally joined the Tampa MRTT group for their early morning hill run. Hills are hard to come by in this area, so we use an overpass which is basically one mile aver and back. It was a great run, with great ladies. Considering I had not run hills in months it actually felt really good!!!
- Thursday 6/15/17: Body Back; Pub Run, 3.1 miles, 24:25, avg. pace: 7:53/mile (PR). This week the pub run hosted the Chicken Salad Chick and even though it was looking like a wash out, I decided to go anyway. It actually ended up being an awesome run and a PR for me. I have been trying to break 25 minutes in the 5K for as long as I can remember and I finally did it! The best part was that it wasn’t an all out, hard run and I managed negative splits! Now I have to think about adjusting my goal for the 5K.
- Friday 6/16/17: Emily Skye Workout plus abs.
- Saturday 6/17/17: Trail run, 6.5 miles, 1:21:35, avg. pace 12:31/mile. My friend Allison and I went on another trail running adventure. We were in search of a particular area of the trail where we were told we could see many alligators. While looking we found this random tree swing.
Fun 6.5 trail run today with @allison.alfonso We discovered new paths, found a random tree swing, saw a beautiful doe and got attacked by horseflies…..the last pet wasn’t that fun, but it was funny as hell!!! #trailrunning #floridalife #tampa #tsfm2017 #training #running #running #runchat #runners #runnerfriends
A post shared by Toni (@runninglovingliving) on
After finding this swing things got a little crazy as we were literally chased by horseflies. Picture all those cartoons with characters being attacked by flying bugs and that is exactly what we looked like out there. My poor friend Allison go the worst of it, they just kept going after her, aggressive little buggers. I attempted to help, but I was laughing so hard, because despite being attacked it was hysterical. We finally managed to ditch them and got to see this beautiful Doe before heading back onto the trails. We did find the trail along the embankment where we were told we could see the alligators, but there were none to be found. What we did find was that beautiful Doe again, it seemed to be following us and another attack by the horseflies. Allison even smacked me in the head, she said there was a horsefly, but I am a little suspicious……..she does get a pass for that one though. All in all it was an exciting and fun trail run, minus the horseflies.
- Sunday 6/18/17: Cycling, 6.14 miles; Emily Skye abs.
- Miles: 18.34 miles
- Total Training Miles: 18.34 miles
Another great week. My running is better than ever and I plan on keeping it that way. I signed up for a 15-week half marathon training plan from Train Like A Mother that I plan to use for the Cocoa Beach Half and it starts July 17, right before San Francisco. I my skip the first week since I will be in California, but we will play that by ear.
I had a great Father’s Day weekend with my family.
Life is good!
How was your week?