This week was challenging. I was in L.A. visiting family and I was totally out of my element. This was also a duel training week. It was the last week of San Francisco training and the beginning of Cocoa Beach training. Although challenging, good planning definitely made continuing my workouts during vacation possible. My sister-in-law provided a yoga mat and I brought exercise bands with me. My Fit4Mom Coach provided me with portable workout videos through the Fit4Mom site. And of course I brought my running gear. All this prep led me to a successful week of workouts, a near PR in San Francisco and no weight gain during vacation despite all my indulgences! I’d say it was pretty successful.
- Monday 7/17/17: 1.3 miles, avg. pace 11:36, elevation gain 418 ft.; hiking; yoga. Chris and I jogged to the hiking trail and back. It is a nice trail, very steep at times. The views were to die for and I will miss them for sure.
- Tuesday 7/18/17: 3 miles, avg. pace 26:40, elevation gain 859 ft.; SSSC-Super Short Strength Circuit #1 (provided by my Train Like a Mother Plan-see below); hiking.
My sister-in-lawn had a planned girls dinner and invited me to join. I enjoyed a delicious margarita the size of my head, great food and great company. It was a fun night!!!
- Wednesday 7/19/17: Body Back Mini Circuit #3; hiking.
- Thursday 7/20/17: Hill repeats, 3.26 miles, avg. pace 8:36, elevation gain 770 ft.; SSSC #1; hiking.
- Friday 7/21/17: Rest. We woke up at 4 am to drive to San Francisco. I wanted to take the scenic route so we needed to get an early start. The scenic route was well worth the extra hours it took to actually get to San Francisco!
- Saturday 7/22/17: Rest. We took this day to sightsee. Actually, Abigail and I toured the city on top of a double decker bus, while Chris went to a baseball game.
After our tour Abigail and I walked to pick up my bib. Unfortunately, the tour took longer than expected so I missed the #WeRunSocial meetup, but I did finally get to meet my virtual friend Brian (Pavement Runner) IRL!!!!!!
After picking up my bib, Abby and I met Chris for dinner. I headed to bed by 9 pm because I had an early morning wake up for the race the next morning! I will say that I loved San Francisco and it is officially my new favorite city.
- Sunday 7/23/17: San Francisco Half Marathon (Recap coming), 13.1 miles, 1:54:55, avg. pace 8:46, elevation gain 1280 ft..
- Miles: 20.66 miles
- Total San Francisco Training Mileage: 111.42 miles
- Total Cocoa Beach Training Mileage: 20.66 miles
I am still riding the high of finishing the San Francisco Half in well under 2 hours and only 19 seconds slower than my PR in the half marathon. I went into this race with no goals or expectations and I came out super confident in my abilities to reach my future goals.
My training for the Cocoa Beach Half Marathon began this week. I purchased a 15 week training program from Train Like a Mother for this training cycle. The pros of this plan is that it is flexible, reasonably priced, you get a goody bag and you have access to a coach through the Facebook group. It may not be completely individualized, but there is a lot of support and Coach Amanda (aka Miss Zippy!!!!) answers all your questions and helps with adjustments of the plan as needed. They offer all sorts of plans and you can check them out at Train Like a Mother Club.
How was your week?