So this week I took a little break. After my long run on Sunday I had experienced some slight pain in my right left shin on Monday. I ended up taking it easy and resting it until Thursday. I have been burned by shin pain and by injuries, this time I was wiser. I decided to rest instead of pushing through and risking a worse injury. Well, that turned out to be the right decision. I rested and when I did run again, guess what? No shin pain. It only took me 20 years of running to figure this sh#% out.
- Monday 8/21/17: Emily Skye Workout.
Best picture of the Eclipse I could get. My neighbor had the glasses so I was able to see it which was pretty cool.
- Tuesday 8/22/17: Body Back.
- Wednesday 8/23/17: Kickboxing.
- Thursday 8/24/17: Body Back with 0.81 miles Running, avg. pace 8:47. I was at my chiropractor Tuesday due to my shin issues, they were definitely a result of my back being off. While I was there I saw a picture of my chiropractor, Dr. Will, in a Cryotherapy machine. As it turns out Cry-X had recently opened in Wesley Chapel and they were hosting a ladies night, so I decided to go and I have to say I loved it.
- Friday 8/25/17: Kickboxing; Easy run, 2.09 miles, avg. pace 8:43.
- Saturday 8/26/17: Long Run Trails, 12.25 miles, avg. pace 10:06; Emily Skye Workout Upper Body.
A very tough trail run today! My trail running @hokaoneone sneakers & my new @lilytrotters (<-that they send me) helped me through it, along with my friend Allison and husband Chris. #lilytrotters #sockflock #beunstoppable #unstoppablewomen #trails #trailrunning #garminrunner #runchat #sweatpink #cocoabeachhalfmarathon #training #noexcuses #workhardplayhard
- Sunday 8/27/17: Recovery Run, 2.01 miles, 8:10 avg. pace; Emily Skye Workout Lower Body
- Miles: 17.16 miles
- Total Training Miles: 119.08 miles
Overall I’d rate this week as a good one. I decided to start Emily Skye’s program over again this weekend. I am going to follow her full F.I.T. program for start to finish. I really love her program, it was definitely one of the best investments I have made recently.
My next race coming up is the Fit Foodie 5K in Clearwater. I am happy to have been asked back as an ambassador, although I had already purchased my entry when I first heard they were coming back to the Tampa Bay area. The race is September 9th and I know that doesn’t leave a lot of time, but it is an awesome race if you are 5K ready!!!! You can use my discount code below to save $10 of your entry!
How was your week?