This week was okay. My runs definitely were not on point. I had my period and I hate to use that as an excuse, but it just drained me this week. Plus, I ended up getting a hormonal migraine which just knocks the heck out of me. This was not my week at all, but it happens. I am proud to say I listened to my body and I did what it asked, not run. Sunday I woke up with an ache in my right thigh, pretty sure it was from weight training on Friday. After weighing the benefits versus the consequences of running long I decided against it. Instead I foam rolled, practiced yoga and biked. Forgoing one long run is better than risking an injury that would take me out for weeks. Going to pick my training back up with Tuesday!!!!
- Monday 8/28/17: Emily Skye abs and core.
- Tuesday 8/29/17: Body Back with 1 mile running, 8:43 avg. pace. I am excited to announce that I am now a Lily Trotters Ambassador. I love their compression socks and I love what they stand for-#unstoppablewomen. These socks are my favorite of all the compression I have ever worn and I am excited to have been chosen to represent their awesome brand. Also, they are not just for running! I wear them during Body Back (see below, these are the new ones they sent me in my ambassador package) and I wear them for recovery under my scrubs mostly. You should definitely check them out-they are comfortable and stylish too! They are offering 25% off for Labor too!
So honored that @lilytrotters chose me to represent their brand as an ambassador! They sent me this awesome welcome package! I have worn @lilytrotters for over a year now and absolutely love their compression socks and what they stand for…. Thank you for choosing & believing in me! #beunstoppable #sockflock #unstoppablewomen #lilytrotters #runner #runchat #noexcuses
- Wednesday 8/30/17: Hills, 3 miles, 7:47 avg. pace; Emily Skye H.I.I.T Workout including 0.36 miles running, 7:44 avg. pace. I was not feeling this run at all. Actually I was sick when I got there, but decided to try anyhow. Each step sucked and I am not sure how I managed under 8 minute miles the entire time. I actually vomited when I got home. Turns out it was a migraine. I hate migraines.
- Thursday 8/31/17: Body Back; Emily Skye upper body workout. Cheryl and I actually did this whole sequence twice in the hour long session. It was rough, but oh so rewarding.
- Friday 9/1/17: Emily Skye lower body workout. This workout struck home as I was using 30 pound weights for the step-ups. I have lost 27 pounds since January and feeling how hard it was to lift those thirty pounds during the workout struck a cord, because I used to carry those almost 30 pounds on a daily basis. Hard to believe, but true. It really puts things into perspective.
That moment when you are your fourth set of step-ups using thirty pounds worth of weight when you realize that 7 months ago you were carrying just about the same mount of weight in your body . I was 27lbs heavier to be exact. ……. These were so hard. I cannot even believe that is the extra weight I was walkin around with in a daily basis. No wonder I was not feeling my best. ……. #noexcuses #cantstopwontstop #training #beunstoppable #unstoppablewomen #sweatpink #runchat #fitfluential #emilyskye
- Saturday 9/2/17: 6 miles, 8:47 avg. pace. My goal for this run was negative splits for the middle 4 miles, mission accomplished. Chris and I headed out for our date night to Ybor. We had a good dinner at Bernini’s and they headed to O’Briens pub in Wesley Chapel.
- Sunday 9/3/17: Emily Skye abs; Yoga with Adriene; 9.35 mile bike ride. I opted not to run my long run due to an aching thigh. I still stayed active and it was definitely a good decision. One run missed is better than multiple runs missed.
- Later that day, we celebrated Sunday Funday with friends at their community pool!
- Miles: 10.36 miles
- Total Training Miles: 129.44 miles
Not a high mileage week by any means, but considering how I felt I am happy with it. Some weeks are great, some are okay and some not so much, but all of them pay off in the end because you learn from them. This is the halfway point of training for Cocoa Beach and halfway points can be tough, hopefully this is my toughest week!
How was your week?