Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Body Helix, all opinions are my own.
According to Jess, my coach, she is considering this week my first real week of training for the Naples Half. For my purposes I am continuing the weeks from when I first started working with Jess. This week was actually not the best week. I wasn’t feeling my best and I missed my long run.
- Monday 10/30/17: Rest.
- Tuesday 10/31/17: Core and glute work.
- Wednesday 11/1/17: Easy Run, 5 miles, avg. pace 9:16; Emily Skye Lower Body.
- Thursday 11/2/17: Body Back.
- Friday 11/3/17: Tempo Run, 4 miles, avg. pace: 8:46; Emily Skye Upper Body.
- Saturday 11/4/17: Bakas 5K and Fun Run, 1 mile with Abigail.
My upper right thigh was aching so I decided to just run the fun run with Abigail. I also wore my new Body Helix Compression sleeve. Not only did it help tremendously with my thigh ache, it matched my outfit!
The team at Body Helix Compression Wraps states that their wraps do three things better than any other: Stretch, Rebound and Stay in Place. I can tell you that this is absolutely true! Running with the wrap on my thigh was super comfortable. It stretched with my movement , stayed in place and was super comfortable. I highly recommend trying them! Check them out here: https://dealspotr.com/go/jRObs and use the code TONEE78 for 10% off Plus free shipping is always included.
- Sunday 11/5/17: Cycling, 6.12 miles. I was supposed to run, but I went out Saturday night with my husband and some friends and we didn’t get home until about 3 am. I can party like I am 20, but I cannot recover like a 20 year old. Also, I wore high heels the entire night and my legs were so sore from them. I debated running in the afternoon, but since I was so sore I didn’t. Instead of running I watched other people run the NYC Marathon.
Watching the NYC Marathon is amazing and getting to watch Shalane Flanagan win was even more amazing. I won’t lie, I cried. I loved her “Fuck Yes!” as she crossed the finish line as the first American female winner in 40 years!!! I could watch her crossing that finish line over and over again. She is definitely an inspiration!
- Miles: 10 miles
- Total Training Miles: 61.94 miles
It is definitely time to start getting serious. I can taste that 1:45 in January and I need to work my ass off to get it!!!! So late nights out are not going to be the norm.
How was your week?