Today completes week 3 of my half-marathon training schedule, week 4 begins tomorrow which means there are 7 more weeks until my race. This week was not without obstacles, but all in all a pretty good training week. Here’s week 3’s training recap:
- Monday: Baron Baptiste Yoga
- Tuesday: 5 mile tempo run in 44:49
- Wednesday: 4 miles in 35:23
- Thursday: Body by Bethenny yoga (+nasty stomach virus)
- Friday: 9 miles in 1:28:04 (despite nasty stomach virus)
- Saturday: Rest Day
- Sunday: a little over 6 miles on Elliptical
- Total running miles: 18 + 6 miles on Elliptical
Today I was supposed to have an easy 5 mile training run but I have had this nagging ache in the arch of my right foot since my 9 mile run on Friday. I debated whether or not to run the 5 miles but instead I decided to err on the side of caution and I did 60 minutes on the Elliptical instead.
Sometimes running just to follow the schedule is not always the wisest thing to do, you have to listen to your body. I decided I’d rather forego an easy 5 mile run in favor of the non-impact training I can do on the Elliptical instead of taking the risk of possibly developing a serious injury.
My next training run is scheduled for Tuesday which will give me one more day of rest before resuming my training plan. I hope everyone had a nice weekend and is enjoying the extra light at night we are getting thanks to Daylight Savings Time.