- Pressure is not my friend. Whether it is at work or in my own personal life I tend to put an immense amount of pressure on myself to be perfect. The perfect nurse, the perfect wife, the perfect mother, the perfect blogger….I think you get my point. No one is perfect especially not me and this self-induced pressure leaves me stressed out. I am popping the cork and releasing the pressure, I can only try my hardest to do the right thing and nothing more, even if I am left with imperfections.
- I am not Wonder Woman……and that is okay. As much as it pains me to admit it, I cannot do it all. Between working, cooking, cleaning, errands, exercising, blogging and everything else there are just not enough hours in the day to get it all done especially when my 10 lb. chihuahua sheds like a 100 lb. dog, I guess that is why I have a vacuum. None of us starve, my house is not perfect but it is not dirty, I stay active and I blog 3-5 days a week and the world is still spinning.
- 20 minutes of exercise is better than zero minutes. I tend to feel like a failure if I haven’t devoted at least an one hour to working out on a daily basis but with working full time it just hasn’t been possible to keep up with an hour of exercise every day. Instead of beating myself up over this I have started working out to 20 minute exercise DVDs at least 3 days a week in addition to getting up early and running at least 3 days a week. When I get home for work and my energy is low a 20 minute workout has made me feel much better than doing nothing at all. So I am taking the pressure off myself and I am going to try to enjoy working out again rather than stressing myself out that I am not getting in enough exercise.
- If you think too hard about germs you may never leave the house. I am a home care nurse and a debate on germs this week has left me googling way too much. Thinking about germs in relation to everything we touch every day out in the world I can definitely understand how people develop agoraphobia. I am by no means a germaphobe and all I have to say on the situation is wash your hands….a lot.
- At the end of the day all that matters is your family and friends.
TGIF!!! Another week done and another weekend to enjoy. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
What have you learned this week?